coin mechanisms jams

ndvend

I have Northwestern bulk vending machines.  As time goes on a growing number of them are not working properly.  The coin mechanism gradually sticks more and more until finally it won't even turn when people put quarters in.  As other people have suggested, I have sprayed stuff on them to loosen them but it has not helped.  Ultimately they just turn a little bit and then stop as if they are hitting something that prevents continual movement.  Any help in this matter, from people who have solved this same problem, would be greatly appreciated.

Take the coin mechs apart, clean everything throughly, replace any parts worn beyond functional limits, reassemble using vaseline or white lithium grease very sparingly on contacting parts.  Tom

I have found on my machine (SSF) that if there is a heavy product ( 1" gumballs) and/or I turn the lock on the top of the glob to tight it does not allow the coin mech arm to come up and prevents the coin mech to turn or is very difficult. I have helped reduce this by not turn the lock so much just enough where the lid does not move.

Hope that helps,

Johnny

I found out today, as I took apart the coin mechanism on my second hand oak vista cabnet, that sometimes the screws are too tight. :oosen them a bit and it works.

Use some vaseline/grease and that works too!...