Coinco Quantum 700 series coin trouble

I have a pop machine that is not regestering the coins it is accepting. You can continually feed the coins in it and it will just accept them but not record what it is accepting. If you hit the return lever it wont return your coin either. When you put a dollar bill in the bill acceptor it works fine and gives the correct change.

Any ideas as to what I need to do? Replace it or something else?

I have cleaned the sensors under the little lift up door but that didnt seem to do any good.

Thanks for any help

I have a pop machine that is not regestering the coins it is accepting. You can continually feed the coins in it and it will just accept them but not record what it is accepting. If you hit the return lever it wont return your coin either. When you put a dollar bill in the bill acceptor it works fine and gives the correct change.

Any ideas as to what I need to do? Replace it or something else?

I have cleaned the sensors under the little lift up door but that didnt seem to do any good.

Thanks for any help

dumb question but do you have soda in it?If its empty it won't accept money.

John

Obviously something is wrong with the changer. Do you have another one to install in the machine? That one seems like it is not sending the credit signal thereby not allowing the machine to operate properly. Your dollar bill validator is sending the credit signal correctly allowing it to work. This is my humble opiniion.

Where is the LED on the coin mech? The red LED light is on and solid by where the bill acceptor is I dont know if the coin mech has a seperate light. If so where would it be as I dont see one.

The LED on the coin mech is next to the four program buttons but after rereading your post I don't think this is your issue since I see you are saying that the mech is accepting coins but not giving credit so you must have power going to changer & acceptor.

Like Repairman said if you have a spare mech you can swap it out or if it's the same model you can just swap the acceptor on your good mech to see if the problem is still in the acceptor on your faulty one. If you swap it out with the good acceptor & it still doesn't work your problem mite be the main logic board.

Archived