AP 6600 half of the selections don't work

rmorse

I am an office manager and part of my duties is taking care of the vending machine. As it sits right now there are about half of the slots not working, they don't spin when selected, so for years they just haven't put anything in those slots. Can anyone tell me what things I might want to check, wondering (hoping) there might be an easy fix out there! Thank you!

I am an office manager and part of my duties is taking care of the vending machine. As it sits right now there are about half of the slots not working, they don't spin when selected, so for years they just haven't put anything in those slots. Can anyone tell me what things I might want to check, wondering (hoping) there might be an easy fix out there! Thank you!

There are three possibilities that could cause this (and it might be a combination of these)

1. Make sure your trays are completely engaged (slid all the way in) Loose trays will disable the entire level or sometimes just one selection.

2, If you notice that all selections corresponding to a certain number or alphabet do not work, it is a bad selection pad. Eg. if all selections using "3" ( A3, B3, C3 etc.) aren't vending it means the "3" on the selection pad is dead. Selection pads can be purchased from Vendors Exchange for about $50.

3. If you've been losing selections gradually (one by one) then you might have some bad motors which are also available at VE.

The AP6600, while older, is a very good machine and worth fixing.

Archived