Polyvend 4424 or 6632 credit problem

lemsip1

Hi,all

I wonder if anyone can provide some advice on a problem I am having with a polyvend machine.

The validator is a Coinco MDB Plus and seems to be working fine.

I'll explain the problem.

If i set a vend price of 0.80 the machine registers this fine for each selection.

I insert 1.00 and I have a credit on the screen of 1.00 - no problem.

I vend an item and instead of 0.20 left in credit it reads 8.45 credit and so on if I vend again I get 16.XX and so on each time I vend the credit goes up 8.25 so basically a free machine.

A few things i have noted. if i vend at 0.75 the machine works fine and gives a vend with a reading of 0.25 remaining however if i add further credit say 1.00 then the above starts happening on the second vend and off it goes giving credit free.

If i power off the credit is lost. If I power off only the coinco mech the credit is lost as well which made me think its the coin op but how?.

So the question is where is the problem. Does anyone ever see this problem before

I have three ideas:-

1. Easiest the Coinco Mech - I am obtaining a replacement and will see if that it but because it MDB I cannot see that being the fault

2. The Vending controller board - big problem if it is I guess as I cannot see how I get a replacement

3. A programming error - I'm pretty good at these things and cannot see where I messed up but it would be great if someone new something I may have done thats caused this?

Any help would be great< I am in the UK so prices are in pounds and pence but I guess thats really not an issue.

Ta

Andy

Your troubleshooting steps seem to be in order. I wouldn't think your symptoms could be caused by programming but you are dealing with older technology so anything is possible. I would be curious to know what happens if you set a price at a dollar and try it.....

Hi Technivend

I have the problem on any price set above 0.80 and had some items at 1.00 that caused the same credit problem. However if the buyer puts exact money in the machine it vends and works normally. It only occurs when a change amount is due.

I have managed to locate a new Controller board for it so I hope I will have it sorted soon. It does not appear to be the mech.

Thanks

Andy

Archived