Vendo 511 not accepting quarters.

ruff84

I just got a call that my vendo 511 isn't excepting quarters. Going there after work to take a look at it? What should i be looking at for possible solutions?

Last week it had an issue with not giving back change and wouldn't credit money entered (dollar bills fine). When i went to fix it i couldn't get it to mess up or anything. So i took the coin mech out and noticed that some change had been getting behind the little chute that goes into the actual coin mech. Since I was already there and had the rebuilt coin mech with me i went ahead and swapped them out and pushed the coin mech into place (being held on by a screw on the back of the mech.

All worked like it should until i got a call today that it won't except quarters. Nickels and Dimes but not quarters.

New coin mech was rebuilt in 2010 by vendors exchange and still in the box, it was givin to me by the guy that gave me the machine. The old coin mech had also been rebuilt around the same time.

What should i be looking at as a possible fix?

I just got a call that my vendo 511 isn't excepting quarters. Going there after work to take a look at it? What should i be looking at for possible solutions?

Last week it had an issue with not giving back change and wouldn't credit money entered (dollar bills fine). When i went to fix it i couldn't get it to mess up or anything. So i took the coin mech out and noticed that some change had been getting behind the little chute that goes into the actual coin mech. Since I was already there and had the rebuilt coin mech with me i went ahead and swapped them out and pushed the coin mech into place (being held on by a screw on the back of the mech.

All worked like it should until i got a call today that it won't except quarters. Nickels and Dimes but not quarters.

New coin mech was rebuilt in 2010 by vendors exchange and still in the box, it was givin to me by the guy that gave me the machine. The old coin mech had also been rebuilt around the same time.

What should i be looking at as a possible fix?

Make sure the plastic chute part just above the coin mech head is actually lined up right. I have several 511's and 601's and am not impressed with Vendo's extensive use of plastic parts.

Archived