Hallenbeck Family Vending

davidsurvz

Hello,

I just wanted to pass along our only numbers so far this year. 1 gumball machine head that my wife sets up at her table for events. We sell 1" gumballs out of the machine. We set up for the 4th of july event in the town next to us and in two days made over 40.00 dollars. There was a one evening event that she set up at a few weeks ago but we didn't count the money from that.

She is actually working this weekend at a Sat. - Mon. event, We'll see how it goes this year (last year they told her she couldn't have it on her table on the 2nd day because the event tables are for handmade stuff) but she said she will put it up again and see if she can keep it up for the event. I'll let you know how it goes.

I would like to say that these events are a Cash Cow!!! If you know anyone who sets up at festivals or craft shows and events you can really make some good money.

Last year we did 7 (I originally thought it was 6) events and pulled in almost 200.00 dollars! FROM A TOTAL OF 11 DAYS OF VENDING!!! 1 single head (no stand) on the table ... 1" splat gumballs... (The splat gumballs go well with my wife's theme.) She has a make your own tie dye booth.

I wanted to wait until I had members plus status to pass the info. along. I have gotten some good info. from this forum and I am glad to pass along any useful info. I can. I see Kyle, Rob and Steve and others all over the other sites. You guys have a lot of good ideas thanks for all the input. If you guys ever need any advice on electronic security let me know.

I am an amateur at this compared to you guys. No college and only about 14 months of vending experience about 10 or 12 years ago. I only had 2 to 4 machines out at any one time back then. And a few collecting dust in storage. I am just getting back into this with my wife (Mainly because of how well she has done at these events) and we want to get our 4 kids into this too. They are young 5 and under but now is a great time to start teaching them about business. We bought 4 1800 machines off Ebay 3 brand new. One used ( The guy lied and said it was Brand New) but it is still a great machine. We ordered some business cards from Vista print last night and I am looking forward to getting our machines out. We will try Peanut M&M's , Plain M&M's , Gumballs and Hot tamales to start.

I hope to pass along some good information too as time goes by.

Thanks for the opportunity to learn some good stuff!

David

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

We tried out a 1800 machine this weekend at my wifes event. (We just set up the triple head with no stand on her table) The event was Sat. 10:00 am to 5:00 pm and Sun 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.

Saturday night she brought the machine home and said it was "jammed."

Actualy it wasn't jammed the coin diverters on the gumballs and hot tamales weren't seated correctly and pennies that got dropped through the coin mech came out a couple of times when people bought gumballs. Easy fix though at first I was completely confused when my wife was describing it to me. Once I looked into it like I said it was an easy fix.

Anyway, 2 day event total $12.50 from the machine

Skittles (were a hit)  Splat gumballs and Hot Tamales. My wife tried out the dixie cup idea too and said it went well.

that brings our total from 10 days vending up to $79.00. It would be great if we had a bunch of locations that ran those kind of numbers.:D

Hope your locating those yourself !!

How many machines do you have all total??

You know you could build this biz up slowly and by the time your childern are really for a job you can have them run them .

Iam 55 and would like to retire in about 2 or 3 yrs (DH is already retired)

But if I were younger I would build up more BUT........

I work 1 week a month and bring in gross 1500.00

so just think if I would work every week .

Looks like your on the right track:):)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys! 4 machines out so far. I checked one that my wife placed last week (I needed to go back to put decals on it) we placed it on Tues. afternoon and they were closed on Thurs. Me and my son went in on Sat. morning 2.75 in 3 days. (I hope those numbers hold.) It is our Amerivend globe location. (Gumballs in the machine.) I'll have some more info. in a week or two for this section.

We are also going to use Ethical to get 3 more machines out and I got 2 maybes last week on my own (I should know about them this week.)

David

• 2 months later...

Hey Guys,

I'm back! Well just for a while. We are still dealing with this legal mess (thats all I can disclose at this time.) I may fill everyone in when this nightmare is over.

We haven't been getting machines out much lately. We pulled one and had a location ask us to remove another. (The business owner said that "the kids are always arguing with their parents about getting a gumball" and it drove her crazy.)

Just a quick post for now. 31.25 from 6 locations this month (gumballs only) we made more from  our other products too but that is pretty good for gumballs. I like the profit margin.

Anyway, happy vending to all.

I'll be back.

David

Nothing to do with the business. Family matter (mother in law problems actually) The business is going OK but we are having to focus all of our time and resources on this mess. Eventually when this is all done and overwith we'll focus on building our route up to our original goal of 20 + machines.

David

Nothing to do with the business. Family matter (mother in law problems actually) The business is going OK but we are having to focus all of our time and resources on this mess. Eventually when this is all done and overwith we'll focus on building our route up to our original goal of 20 + machines.

David

I hope all works out well for you David.

• 4 weeks later...

Good luck David. And like I said before, if you need your vending brethren to help you out, I'm sure we can all bring a sock full of quarters to the brawl! :D

Steve

PS: Just kidding, I dont want to be brought up on charges for publicly issuing threats! :P

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

GREAT NEWS!!! Our legal mess is done closed out with no incident.:D:D:D The second legal mess looks like it is too ridiculous to ammount to anything!!! :D:D:DWe will be getting back on track soon. Our new goal is 20 machines total in the next 4 to 6 weeks. We have 1/2 of that on location and another 8 machines that should be located soon. I will put up some numbers by the end of next month.

David