Georgia please let us make a living

havending

Last year GA changed the law once again to lower the master license to 1250. But now just found out its going back to 6000 before summer. They lump cranes and redemption units in the same cat as a gambling device. And now towns and cities have started to have fees of around 250 per machine. The need to come up with a modest fee structure. They used to just take unlicense machines and let you pay fines and fees then get it back. Now they are locking up operators that are not complient

alot of georgia operators i know are combining there masters license because of the high fees... For a operator that may have moral inhibitions to running gambling machines it really sux! as the only way to pay those high fees is to jump on the bandwagon and operate gambling machines. It seems that georgia wants all amusement operators to become gambling promotors.

I think this is a grand failure of a states coin operators association, either by operators that operate cranes and stuff not being active and letting their voice be heard...or by them letting the gambling operators skew the law and lump their gambling activities onto amusement activities.. I cant believe companies like namco, chuckie cheeses and sega etc. didnt fight that lump together?

i have some pizza huts in GA and the operator that operates them for me wont put cranes in there because they wont pay for the license fees,he just puts bulk.

ron

alot of georgia operators i know are combining there masters license because of the high fees... For a operator that may have moral inhibitions to running gambling machines it really sux! as the only way to pay those high fees is to jump on the bandwagon and operate gambling machines. It seems that georgia wants all amusement operators to become gambling promotors.

I think this is a grand failure of a states coin operators association, either by operators that operate cranes and stuff not being active and letting their voice be heard...or by them letting the gambling operators skew the law and lump their gambling activities onto amusement activities.. I cant believe companies like namco, chuckie cheeses and sega etc. didnt fight that lump together?

i have some pizza huts in GA and the operator that operates them for me wont put cranes in there because they wont pay for the license fees,he just puts bulk.

ron

I have a GA master license and you are spot on

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Last year GA changed the law once again to lower the master license to 1250. But now just found out its going back to 6000 before summer. They lump cranes and redemption units in the same cat as a gambling device. And now towns and cities have started to have fees of around 250 per machine. The need to come up with a modest fee structure. They used to just take unlicense machines and let you pay fines and fees then get it back. Now they are locking up operators that are not complient

I thought cranes are now Class A machines. All the cranes that I see on route have Class A stickers. Are you saying that starting July 1, 2013, cranes and redemption games are going to be put back in Class B? Where did you find out about the change? This change is a real bummer because I was planning to start a crane machine route in July.

Is the attached application form for a master license out of date?

CRF_013_GA_Master_License_App.pdf

I thought cranes are now Class A machines. All the cranes that I see on route have Class A stickers. Are you saying that starting July 1, 2013, cranes and redemption games are going to be put back in Class B? Where did you find out about the change? This change is a real bummer because I was planning to start a crane machine route in July.

Is the attached application form for a master license out of date?

Yes thats the app. And yes they are going to class B. I have a friend that operates a company in which he buys and sells 100s of games a month. His main operation center is in GA. He keeps me in the loop. I have not got a letter from GA yet but sure in on the way. Where are you in GA?

Archived