Meltdowns on Frozen Machines

kiwi

Just wanting to know on average how many meltdowns a year do you have on frozen food machines?

We only use USI frozen machines & we find that the newer 3530 Combi to be a lot more reliable than the older 3182 FF2000 when it comes to meltdowns.

The 3530 Combi SAT will be going away soon. They will be putting all their efforts into the 3532 Standalone. Which, by the way, is the better running of the two.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the heads up on the 3530 as I hadn't herd that news here.. I have always been a fan of USI's satellite machines as by utilising the host controller they cut down the costs of an additional coin mech, bill acceptor, credit reader, monitoring system ect..

In saying that one of the things that cause meltdowns on our newer 3530 is the loss of communication between host & satellite.

I was looking at getting a 3532 Standalone but don't know too much about them.. is there much deference between the 3530 & the 3532 & in your opinion what makes it the better running model of the two?

Thanks

The concept is the same between the two it just seems that the Standalone is a bit more reliable. Not to say that the Satellite isn't good as it is definitely a good working machine and the price point difference between the two make it even more attractive.

What I like about the Standalone is that it is a self contained unit and doesn't rely on a host machine. It has a bigger capacity, the refer comes out through the front and it uses the GVC2 controller that the other machines use. My opinion is that with frozen we are trying to operate a machine in such a harsh environment that anytime we can simplify the operation the better off we will be.

So if you like the SAT you will really like the SA!!...There's your good news :)

Archived