Where does everyone buy their products from?

jstolpe

I am curious as to where every one goes to buy their products in bulk for their vending machines. I currently have 5 machines and have been buying from sam club. I am just wondering if there is a better solution out there that maybe some more seasoned vendors know about. I appreciate the help!

I am curious as to where every one goes to buy their products in bulk for their vending machines. I currently have 5 machines and have been buying from sam club. I am just wondering if there is a better solution out there that maybe some more seasoned vendors know about. I appreciate the help!

There might be a good wholesaler in your area other than Sam's and Costco - the one I use probably won't work for you unless you're in this area

When you go to Sam's Club, look for other vendors like yourself. Ask them what other outlets they purchase at locally. I have found several local soda and chocolate wholesalers in the area by doing this. I also tracked down a local bakery selling cakes by seeing them on a guys truck who was at Sam's Club and asked him where he got them. Networking with other small local vendors can lead you to all kinds of ideas on where and how to purchase product, not to mention equipment, vehicles, etc. Worked out really well for me and still does!

I am looking at purchasing a small route of 4 combo's and one snack machine. I have been pricing various snacks and soda everywhere I go. I was thinking that when the local grocery stores runs specials I would stock up, as it would be cheaper than Sams, at least for soda. No local Costco and the other local wholesaler is not even competitive for the small amount I would expect to be purchasing.

Costco Business Center. It's different then a Costco. They are geared for business sales, C-Stores etc. I buy the VAST majority of my snack/drinks from them.

Travis

I noticed memberships at costco included business membership, do you need business membership and is it the same building or totally separate location?

I noticed memberships at costco included business membership, do you need business membership and is it the same building or totally separate location?

The business membership allows you to purchase product tax exempt if you've got a state resale certificate (which you should). In addition there are cash back incentives based on purchases (4% on gas)

Are the Costco business center prices for snack and beverage vending different/cheaper than regular costcos?

I have a costco business center about 45minutes away from me. I plan to visit, but I do not think this will be reasonable in the long run for supply unless I stock up.

Thanks.

I'm a big fan of my local Sam's Club, so I do my best to purchase as much of my inventory here as possible. They have truly helped my small business grow from nothing, especially from extending my business a credit account when most others wouldn't.

I also do sporadic shopping at Jetro Cash & Carry (Restaurant Depot) and Chicago Vendor Supply.

Archived