Vending Software

sweetgypsy

I looked under the software category and not much there. I would like software I can put in my computer not web based like Vend-Trak. Does anyone have anything to recommend?

What about Soft Essentials? Anyone using this? VendMax?

Thanks, Beth

Honestly Beth I tried them all and still looked for more, including those two.

None of them were worth the cost even free. (wasted my time)

I too would prefer a desktop version over web base version but, Vendtrak is not there yet, but if I rember correctly it is on the agenda but check with Jeremy for yourself to be sure.

Also as a software vendor Vendtrak is very open to suggestions and improvements, so for now use the web base and bug them like hell for the desktop version, that is my current plan as I really do not want to write my own even though I'm capable, already have a time crunch and really hate coding.

Thanks Grumpy. I actually really like Vend-Trak. I like everything about it and it is very easy to use but not a big fan of it being web based. Those other programs are pretty pricey. I just want to commit to a system before it becomes a bigger issue to transfer data. I'll contact Vend-Trak about a possible disk version.

Happy Friday, Beth

I don't really remember but the Vending magic review I did, did I not think that vend max was the same program? I'm too lazy to look at the old review to see if this is true.

Never mind I just went to the web site and now I'm sure it is. I could send it to you but it really is a piece of ......

Thanks Grumpy. I actually really like Vend-Trak. I like everything about it and it is very easy to use but not a big fan of it being web based. Those other programs are pretty pricey. I just want to commit to a system before it becomes a bigger issue to transfer data. I'll contact Vend-Trak about a possible disk version.

Happy Friday, Beth

I can understand the fears in using web-based software but I think that being web-based has a couple of nice advantages. It would be nice to have access to your data even if you weren't able to use your computer. It also means you don't have to use your memory on your computer. The blue screen of death does not mean you would in panic mode either. I really like the idea of using web-based software, but I really don't like the fees.

• 9 years later...

I am surprised to see so many use spreadsheets to run their business, I don't work for them, I just got a problem with them! I have the full version of the software, and believe me, its great, I don't have to guess, or figure out what goes where or worry about lost locations, I put it in once, set it and forget it, until next time. when its ready, itll show up red, and then I can go service the location. but my issue is a simple one, a few years ago I had a full version, but it was the older version, so I figured id buy the new one since it was half price if you already had the program. now back then, I was able to activate the software on any pc, so if I had 2 pc's I can activate them both, one is a steady, and one for backup. a few years ago I contacted them, letting them know that I am upgrading my pc, and that I would like to activate the software on the new pc, after 2 years, I finally get a response that I have to pay for it again, I asked why? they said it was all newly updated, you can get the demo to see it, so I did, no harm, but then I started checking the versions of the program, and it winds up that there was no update, in fact my current software was beyond what they were trying to make me pay for $150 for, now I don't mind paying for newer stuff, but why would I pay for something that's older than what I have? apparently their versions that they so called "updated" are "outdated"! now I also understand they cannot do everything for free, but I made it clear, I'm not paying for stuff older than what I already have! so I asked them to activate my new PC so I can have the full version instead of the demo, and till this day no response! $150 for old stuff, and I thought my software was outdated, its like Microsoft trying to sell you windows 97 in 2018, only $100! ha ha ha, I want to make sure everyone knows about crooks in the vending business, they are all over, the worse thing is, they were very helpful back in the day, why not now, everyone struggles, and that's understandable, but don't give me BS!