New Member from Pittsburgh

DJI

Hi

I am a new member to this forum, from the suburbs of Pittsburgh.  I just recently bought a bulk vending business, consisting of 33 Vendstar machines (29 placed, and the remainder in my garage, for now).  The woman that I bought the business from introduced me to this site, her name is "Tiffeney".  I have been reading quite a few of the posts and already have gained a good bit of information.  I would appreciate any helpful tips that I could get, since I'm new to this.

Dave

Welcome to VENDiscuss.com We are glad you have joined us. Tiffany is a great person and was always a great contributor to the forums. She told us that you may come and join us. We look forward to hearing how you are doing.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Again, welcome.

Gary

Hi there !  I am going to try to get to Java's and talk to the owner Tracy on Tuesday !  I will try to see if she can more that machine out of the window for ya !  Make sure you get to those places that we missed soon I know they are waiting. Have you had any luck finding MikeNikes yet you said you might check costco's ?  Anyway I called Vendstar to see if I could get another back key and they never called me back I will have to call them ding dongs again !  Anyway I am sure you will find lots of info on here !  Try placing one of those machines in the post office I told ya about .

Tiffeney

As a newbie myself this forum has allready given me alot of information and help making things go much smoother. Good Luck with your bussiness, as It will grow prety fast if you keep at it. I am about to go from 16 machines to 90 buying a local route myself.

GOOD LUCK

• 4 months later...

I live in the South Hills (West Mifflin), vending route is mostly in the East Hills area (Penn Hills, Plum, Oakmont, Verona, Springdale).  I see that you are from WV, are you familiar with the Pittsburgh area?

Dave

Hey Dave! Wanted to give you a "hello" shout out.  Hope you enjoy the business.  I was in a few years ago and was all thumbs.  Got back in back in March, would have never done it if I didn't find this site. 

REMEMBER: "You never realize how much 3lbs of M&M are, until they are all over a clients floor!":?

dji,

if your looking for more machines in your area there's a guy in pitts that is selling 86 machines 26 are on route still and 60 are in storage I have his info if your interested. He wants around 4500 not sure if thats too high it depends on what kind of shape the stored ones are in and what he collects on whats left. he might finance some of the deal for you which tells me he's confident in what his route makes.  Let me know.

• 5 months later...

DJI >>>

How have ya been doing ?  Are you still around ?  I am just wondering ?  I saw Rudy's has moved down the hill I am not sure you know that . The owner said he took your machine to that location.  Have you checked the dry cleaners lately she said the lid was loose about a month ago.  The chinesse resturant looks good I just was done there to pick up some food.  I have gotten the machine from that deli that went out of business while I owned the machines I am willing to let you have it for cheap let me know if you are still interested it is in my garage filling up with our quarters from the kids eating the 1 & half year old candy still pretty good I might add LOL ! It is in great condition.  Anyway if you need anything get back to me ?

Tiffeney

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forum. I am sure you find a wealth of information here. I'd like to invite you to check out our "Shop and Swap" area of the forum and see if you can find some great deals on used machines in your area. Just scroll through the craigslist ads looking for any ads in your driving distance. Great place to pick up good buys for sure.

nam