1st report, I love quarters!

A4family

So I just started bulk vending February 2013, I bought a lot of machines in pieces on craigslist and cleaned and assembled about 15 so far. I've located 6 machines so far by myself, mostly from contacts in my regular job. This forum has taught me a lot and I'm very thankful, hopefully my input will help inspire and motivate someone else!

My first 4 locations are tanning salons I checked after 9 days

location 1 $7.75 pmm & M&I

location 2 $12.25 pmm & skittles

location 3 $12.40 reese's pieces & M&I (one dime, one nickel?) problem with reese's being in the sun cracking after only 9 days, any help?

location 4 $1.00 J.B. & pmm

location 5, 1 month hardware store $12.00

location 6 just placed 7 days ago Mexican restaraunt

Total $45.40

I'm pretty excited seeing that's only 9 days in 4 locations and one full month

Good job on the report. As to the RP problem. One thing to remember is that anything that can melt in direct heat is not good. See if you can relocate machine in a different part of the room away from thesun but still in eye contact of your customers. If not sunshields work okay but I wouldn't depend on it especially if it is hot outside.

It looks like you're using doubles, what brand are you using? Most of the major brands have drop-through coin mechs, which would explain the dime and nickel you found. I usually find a few dimes, nickels and pennies when I service my machines. When somebody puts in something other than a quarter, it just drops through the coin mech into the coin box.

I do plan to use funds to stock and locate some more machines from the garage. The location for the RP is too good to move, it's the first thing you see when you walk in even before the stores product! But I guess it's not good if the candy looks bad.

The coin mechs say vendmasters on them, they look like a v-line or pro-line, huge square canisters, I haven't test the drop through yet. Also I haven't put .25 labels on them either.

I pretty sure there is another spot you can put it at and still have success. If you don't fix that RP problem you will lose sales altogether and also you will be replacing alot of candy at a loss for you. You are here to make money not give money away.

So I just started bulk vending February 2013, I bought a lot of machines in pieces on craigslist and cleaned and assembled about 15 so far. I've located 6 machines so far by myself, mostly from contacts in my regular job. This forum has taught me a lot and I'm very thankful, hopefully my input will help inspire and motivate someone else!

location 3 $12.40 reese's pieces & M&I (one dime, one nickel?) problem with reese's being in the sun cracking after only 9 days, any help?

Total $45.40

How did the Mexican restaurant turn out? I am thinking of putting a triple in a Mexican place wondering how it turned out.

• 3 weeks later...

Total $45.40

Location 3 you can buy sunscreen shields to go inside the candy machines very helpful for the bulk vendor

Charity, local childrens hospital, it gets tons o donations and I think its one of the biggest in the northwest, I might change it up a little there are so many good causes to support.

Update two Mexican restraunts now, one did $17.75 for the month the other did $7.75 for about two weeks. Also located a tire shop that did $10.25 first two weeks.

Thanks for the sunscreen info, I switched to pmm they are doing better. I think part of the problem was it gets super hot in the tan salon and I think the oil in the peanut butter reeses was making little oil spots on the globe, looking nasty.

• 1 month later...

Archived