Outdoor soda machine route.

Mike:

I don't operate anything outdoors, but one thing you should check if you are considering it, is insurance. When I talked to my agent they said they would not cover anything outdoors. I'm sure there are companies that will but you need to know what yours will and will not cover.

Ted

I have owned a route located outside a recycling firm since January and so far, so good.  The machine operates very well outside and I do not pay any commissions.  Sales at this location has doubled since the Spring.

any new info that comes to light should be posted on the apropriate thread imo instaed of haveing a bunch of threads saying the same things.

what is this new information that comes to light??you ask if anyone operates this kind of route and obviously someone does since there are posts in this topic.

then you ask what kind of commission and that can be answered here:http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=475&forum_id=3

I am very curious about this new information that comes to light everyday,but I don`t know what it is,maybe full line vending things change daily???

anyways imo it would be better to search around before starting new posts with the same questions over and over,that most of the time get the same answer.

This thread is fine. It is on topic and had not been discussed before. Im not sure why this thread is bugging you but please be kind and dont worry about it.

Mike

I have owned a route located outside a recycling firm since January and so far, so good.  The machine operates very well outside and I do not pay any commissions.  Sales at this location has doubled since the Spring.

Do you do any other type of vending there? How did you place the machine? Breakroom type vending it easier to place the machine as a service to employees or customers. Im guessing Ill have to pay commission on an outdoor machine because it uses electricity and isn't really a benefit to them. In my case it is a unattended carwash.

Mike

This thread is fine. It is on topic and had not been discussed before. Im not sure why this thread is bugging you but please be kind and dont worry about it.

Mike

I JUST WANt to know this new information i am missing out on

Didn't we just have a thread a week or so ago about how nice it was that there arent people on here who go around ripping people for starting threads that have been discussed before?

Greg,

For the most part we are a big happy family. The regulars here all have their own little quirks about them and when these things pop up, it's usually not that big of a deal. Both Antonio and Mike have been here long enough to make things interesting with their exchanges. I'm sure Antonio, or anyone else for that matter, would not have "ripped" so hard, if at all, had a new member asked. I'm sure we've seen the extent of the exchange. 

I do agree with Mike though that this is a good question that justifies a new thread. He is asking about information and commissions on outdoor equipment. I am interested in knowing more about this as well. I have thought about these placements in the past. I have a nice DN outdoor machine in my garage as we speak!

Steve

Mike

Your trying to be an golpher and your doing a good job. If you have nothing to add go back to the bulk threads.

Mike

No. I don't have any other type of vending there.  Space is very limited and the truckers come and go all day long and only use the facility briefly.

I took a chance and placed the machine through an agent who advertised on Craigslist and assured me of a location for just $300.  Even though this was probably a scam artist, he came through on his promise for both me and the customer and the customer and I have had a happy relationship ever since.  The agent did all of the negotiations for me for $300 cash.  The only thing I did was deliver the machine and now I service it twice a month.  However, the agent who placed the machine for me can no longer be reached and the E-Mail address has been de-activated.

The machine sits outside and uses the electricity supplied by the recycling firm.  The agent assured me of a non-commissioned site and, so far, I have not been asked for any commisions yet.

Mike Asked:

Do you do any other type of vending there? How did you place the machine? Breakroom type vending it easier to place the machine as a service to employees or customers. Im guessing Ill have to pay commission on an outdoor machine because it uses electricity and isn't really a benefit to them. In my case it is a unattended carwash.

Yvette Replied

No. I don't have any other type of vending there.  Space is very limited and the truckers come and go all day long and only use the facility briefly.

I took a chance and placed the machine through an agent who advertised on Craigslist and assured me of a location for just $300.  Even though this was probably a scam artist, he came through on his promise for both me and the customer and the customer and I have had a happy relationship ever since.  The agent did all of the negotiations for me for $300 cash.  The only thing I did was deliver the machine and now I service it twice a month.  However, the agent who placed the machine for me can no longer be reached and the E-Mail address has been de-activated.

The machine sits outside and uses the electricity supplied by the recycling firm.  The agent assured me of a non-commissioned site and, so far, I have not been asked for any commisions yet.

Mike

Your trying to be an golpher and your doing a good job. If you have nothing to add go back to the bulk threads.

Mike

back atcha bozo

lol @ Mike, and Antonio!

Can I just say: This is a forum - if you don't like a post...don't reply!!! It's so childish to be actually arguing on a forum!!! What a HUGE waste of time!

I'd love it if all the arguments like this one got deleted...saves having to sift through rubbish to get to pearls ;)

Mike Wrote:

Thanks for the relpy. Nice deal you have there.

Yvette Replied:

It was a nice deal until today.  When I serviced my outdoor soda machine today, the machine had been vandalized and about four (4) of the white selection buttons were missing.  I'm sure that this is going to affect my revenue for the month of July but whenever you place a machine outside, you're taking a risk.  The facility is gated with a weigh station and the area is fenced in.  However, the neighborhood around the facility is suspect and the facility closes at 5:00 p.m. each day.  Apparently, someone crossed the fence after hours and damaged the machine.  However, the monies and sodas were not touched.   I reported the vandalism to the facility staff and assured them that I would repair the machine.

Now, I've got to find new selection buttons for my Dixie Narco.  Does anyone have any idea where I can purchase new selection buttons?

Dixie Narco machines are designed for outdoor use.

Provided that the door seals are intact and there are no holes in the cabinet, then it should be OK. Expect to see rust if the paintwork has been scratched, but it won't affect the machine's operation

• 2 weeks later...

The weather is not bad on the machines down south and according to the vending retailers and others in the area, the machines are built to work outside and have been known to last for years in outdoor locations.