Machine top sign holders

joebob051977

I remember the gumball machine at the barbershop I went to as a child. It had a small metal sign on top of it and was attached to the machine somehow. Has anyone ever seen these or know where to get something that would work? I've considered acrylic picture holder as a possibility if I would use double sided foam tape to hold it on. I think it would be a good way to set a machine apart from the others. I wouldn't want my machine to look cheap or cheesy though.  

Joe

JoeBob,

What are your machines made of becuase if they have a metal top, you might be able to bolt something onto the top.  Like you might be able to get a picture frame with a metal stand and could bolt it on top.  I don't know if that helped at all.

Hi,

I went to staples and bought a plastic horizontal 11" X 8 1/2" stand-up sign holder.   In it I placed a huge photo of my charity with contact info.  I used velcro to hold the sign down to the top lid of my machine.  So far so good.  Just an idea.  

Coop 

I have been thinking about this since I bought my machines(uturns) because these machunes have the key access on top...I thought about having my locksmith make me blanks that I could attach a small sign to and then put this in the lock...

I have not gone beytond the thought stage for this...

Hi,

I went to staples and bought a plastic horizontal 11" X 8 1/2" stand-up sign holder.   In it I placed a huge photo of my charity with contact info.  I used velcro to hold the sign down to the top lid of my machine.  So far so good.  Just an idea.  

Coop 

Coop,

I really think that the next time you go into these locations with those velcro'd plastic frames, they will be gone or damaged or both.  I think the reason you don't see these things anymore is for exactly that same reason: They are way too easy for the people to muck with.  And if they can muck with it, they will.

Hey dperry,

Good point.  I did it mainly because the manager complained my NCCS sticker was too small.  So I tried the above idea to please him.  Since placing the display on the machine I have serviced that loc twice.  So far so good.  If it ever goes missing the manager can't say I did not try.  The acct is big so I hope this works out.  If you have any other ideas I would appreciate it.  Thanks.

Coop

Maybe there is a way to attach something similar to the stand just below the head. Might be easier to permanently attach something there. Or perhaps make some kind of bracket that would fit in between the head and the stand so that the bolts go through the bracket, then attach your sign to the bracket so that it hangs just below the head.

• 1 month later...

I have those sign holders you speak of on top of almost all of my machines. However I don’t use them because I am not currently working with a charity.