To buy or not to buy???

joel112

I'm not an experienced vendor, but I have researched the market for a few months. I found an opportunity to buy three soda/snack locations that are generating about $20K per year gross. They are also going to throw in 5 triple heads. All together they are asking $13K. I like the money, but they have to service the machines twice a week. What do you think?

BTW - I will visit all the locations before I buy and I have checked out their deposit history.

Check out the locations, but if you have to service twice a week, and have the money, it sounds like a good deal, first find out what there selling for soda and snacks. If there using a 20oz Pepsi machine you won't be able to get 20z from pepsi without a commerical location to deliver to, and you must buy a Min number of cases per year(at least its this way in NY) Good LUck

Thanks for the responses. I know they don't sell the 20 oz bottles. The owner told me that they get most of their supplies from Sams Club. I'm going to visit the locations tomorrow with the owner.

Well, I made the plunge and bought the machines! I'm a little nervous about starting out like this, so keep your fingers crossed for me.

Congrats Joel for making the plunge!!  Best of luck to you!  Keep us posted.

Today was my first day servicing my 3 new machines. The first two are combo machines at a car dealership and I pulled out $90.50, $47.00. The other one is a snack machine at a volunteer fire co. and I got $16.00. I guess thats not bad for 3 days. I might need to find a better location for the one at the VFC.

3 days not bad. I was told that with a snack and soda machine you should average about $150 a week in a basic location it seems you are close on the first two but a little off on the VFC. Keep us posted as I'm curious.

Thanks 

Brian

Summit Vending LLC

• 1 month later...

The machines are actually doing a little better than I predicted. They are currently averaging $410 per week. It's not bad, but I feel like I need to add more accounts to make it worthwhile. The worst part is that they are about 45 minutes away from my house. Before I bought them, I thought it would not be too bad because the machines are close to my parents house and I would be able to service the machines when I visited them. It doesn't ever seem to work out that way though. I keep going back and forth debating whether I should keep them or not. I advertised them on craigslist, but haven't gotten any serious responses. Anybody out there want some machines in Delaware?