Unhappy with recent A&A toy order

caserri

I received my latest order from A&A today.

I had ordered the SpongeBob watch mix below.

(NIC70C) http://www.aaglobalind.com/bulk-vending/bulk-vending-toys/2-inch-capsuled-toys/NIC70C-spongebob-squarepants-watches-bulk-vending.htm 

It supposedly contained SpongeBob watches mixed with various other Nick toys. What I received was another story.

The box of 250 caps contained exactly 4 SpongeBob watches. The rest of the mix was garbage. It didn't even include the other items shown on the display card. There where miniature cookie cutters and plastic bracelets. The display card shows other figurines of Nick characters. None of which were included in the mix.

Anyone else experience this type of bait-n-switch? I know what Big Mike's gonna say. :D

Steve 

Steve,

I had the same surprise with those SB watches and I didn't buy them from A&A. I thought it would be a great idea to sell watches but I was very disappointed when I opened the case. It looked like a box of all the junk they couldn't get rid of in one box. I called and returned it.

Gary

Yes I have been very disappointed with some of the mixes I have bought. Having gone with the higher price points makes it even tougher. I just dont feel good about sell a crappy pink rubber bracelet for .50.

Mike

I have had problems with a&a as well but 4 out of 250 is ridiculous . Sometimes they have great mixes, other times they are not, its not consistent. I find their customer service lacking as well. A&A supplies some huge vending companies and I feel they dont really care about us 'little guys'.  I have had better luck with smaller importers.

Jimbo

Pricing is competitive but, you know, if there is a hot seller that they only have most suppliers will jack up the price and then you have to decide if the volume is worth it.

In California we have an importing district in LA and you can go and pick up alot of the same stuff in case lots that a&a sells, I found out about it from Oak mfg. We usually make a run about every 2 months. In fact other importers get the same stuff a&a sells, a&a is just the largest.

As to a&a, I just try to avoid mixes, straight product is usually fine.

I like other suppliers as well like Toy n joy, cardinal, tj king, cei etc.

Jimbo

All you had to do was ask how many watches were in the mix and they would have told you. If you had old crap to get rid of they would have sold you just the watches and the display cards. It is understood when you order an item like this you are going to get a lot of crap in the mix. Your display card might even say "Other Quality Items Included".

Every supplier does this. Just chalk it up to experience.

All you had to do was ask how many watches were in the mix and they would have told you. If you had old crap to get rid of they would have sold you just the watches and the display cards. It is understood when you order an item like this you are going to get a lot of crap in the mix. Your display card might even say "Other Quality Items Included".

Every supplier does this. Just chalk it up to experience.

Thanks Smiley but unfortunately A&A does not cater to the mid sized vendor the same as they do to someone of your size. I'm not sure how much you spend annually with them but I know it's got to be at least 100 times more than I.

Truth is, they couldn't (or wouldn't) tell me what the mix ratio was when asked. She said there would be a "significant" amount of watches. Not only that, I can't return them because they will not refund the shipping to me and I am responsible for shipping back to them. I would end up losing money on the deal. At least that was what I was told in a "matter of fact" fashion.

I do understand that there was going to be a lot of crap in the mix but I thought the crap would at least be the items on the display card. Like I said above, not one single item on the display was in the mix.

Steve

If that's the case, Steve, then you were treated wrongly.

While you don't have my weight to throw around, this is what I would do if I were you. Ask to speak to the Sales Manager - Ben Graham. Tell him you story. Tell him you administer a Vending Forum with x members ( or x *2 ;)). Tell him that the people on your forum would like more readily buy from A+A if this story had a happy ending. Like you getting a few free watches to help you sell out the junk they sold you.