BOSS Bulk Operators Super Show

joebob051977

Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone had any info on 2008 BOSS. I heard it was coming up in September or October. I've never been to a trade show and it sounds like fun. I think I heard it will be in St Louis which is a lot closer to me than the Las Vegas NBVA trade show.

Joe 

Have been talking to some of the organizers and dates will be set shortly. This is what I know so far and is NOT to be considered fact.

1)It will be at the Days Inn in Timonium MD 

2) 2nd or 3rd weekend in Oct

3)Rooms should be around 79.00 per night.

This is the best show going for operators. this will be my third year attending.

Mike

I feel stupid asking this, but at these Vending Shows do the latest and  greatest machines and product get shown? I have never been, I'm actually quite new to vending, and as you all know yes Im with Buzz Bites, but I do have my own bulk machines with Hot Tamales, Mike and Ikes, Skittles and other stuff.

NBVA in Las Vegas has everything you want to see. All the suppliers are there with everything they have. BOSS (Bulk Operators Super Show) is for operators. There have been suppliers come every year but this is not that kind of show. For the most part everyone stays on site and talks vending for 2 1/2 straight days. Allot of people who have went will tell you the best part of the show is standing around in the hallway after Chili's closes and getting them little gems of info.  Cardinal and A&A are also a short drive from the site. I bring home stuff with me every year. Last year I stopped at Northwestern and filled every last square foot of space in the van.

Mike

I dont think BOSS would be a good spot to show them no. It is more of a traditional vending group. This is just my opinion and I dont speak for anyone but myself.

Mike

So the LV one would be the best to go show off Buzz Bites, and get feed back?

I guess I skipped right over Las Vegas in my reply. You might send Polecat a PM. I think he was in Vegas with the Dentene Ice last time around. He might have some feedback for you.

Mike

Last year was my first time attending the BOSS. The wife and I had a blast ! We met some of the best people on earth at that show.

As Mike stated, the best part is the advice and tips. Venders with much experience under their belt are more than willing to help others. I learned more in 2 1/2 days there then I have anywhere else.

It so motivated my wife that we had to stop off and try to locate on the trip home from the airport ! What a hoot !

Oh yea, one other thing. We had the good fornue of having our dinner and drinks tab picked up by the Northwestern rep.

Craig

Last year was my first time attending the BOSS. The wife and I had a blast ! We met some of the best people on earth at that show.

As Mike stated, the best part is the advice and tips. Venders with much experience under their belt are more than willing to help others. I learned more in 2 1/2 days there then I have anywhere else.

It so motivated my wife that we had to stop off and try to locate on the trip home from the airport ! What a hoot !

Oh yea, one other thing. We had the good fornue of having our dinner and drinks tab picked up by the Northwestern rep.

Craig

Craig........I was just thinking about you yesterday wondering where you have been since I have not seen any posts by you in a while.  ( unless I missed something ).

Anyway..........I want Deb and I to make this trip.  It certainly seems very worthwhile.

Yes the trip to Baltimore is very worthwhile. Getting from the BWI airport to Timonium isn't a problem. You can spend 50-60 bucks on a cab or ride the Light Rail for 1.60 like I do.

Haven't posted in a while because of work. I'm in the household goods moving industry, and the summer is the busy season. We moved 100 + -  families in June.

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

The dates have been set for BOSS in Baltimore.

October 15th-17th.

Those that plan on coming to this years show, please register in

advance.

Cost is $25 if you pre-register by Sept.15th. AFTER Sept. 15th. the

cost will be $30. Food WILL be included one or more of the days this

year with your registration fee.

The pre-registration this year is to get an idea of how many people

we can expect, so name badges can be made in advance and so we can

get a handle on how many pizza's,sandwhiches,ect we will need.

Judy has hotel info

If you plan on coming please email Judy at gusgumballs@ yahoo.com

I hope to see some people from this board attend.

Mike

Wish I could go to BOSS. Instead, I'm going to  Afghanistan. WooHoo! Maybe we should send a BuzzBites, or VendStar rep over there to get the Taliban to waste all their money on a BizOp. LOL

SSgt Joseph R Leik, USAF 

May GOD bless and protect you.

Craig

Wish I could go to BOSS. Instead, I'm going to  Afghanistan. WooHoo! Maybe we should send a BuzzBites, or VendStar rep over there to get the Taliban to waste all their money on a BizOp. LOL

SSgt Joseph R Leik, USAF 

LOL!  Good one Joe.  Thanks for the info Big Mike!  Deb and I are going god willing.  I am anxious to meet you and other experienced vendors there.  I will e mail that person.

Joe,

I can only assume that the Afghanistan venture is for the Military.  I do not expect that it is a family vacation....

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.   My family, my livelihood are all possible because of men and women like you are willing to defend our country.

I look forward to any reports that you may be able to make from there about your experiences...I think Steve would allow you a thread...

Again Thank you

Thank you for supporting the military. This trip is for the military...no family vacation. But, I do hear the mountains are beautiful. There are only a few things someone in the military wants when they are deployed: support from the homefront, and a big party when they get back. I will try to talk my wife into posting pictures and updates. My daughter will be my new route driver while I am gone. Posted Image

Precious child !  Makes it all the harder I'm sure.  I was deployed to the jewel of the Orient in 72-73. Beautifull country. Messed up sochio-economic and political climate though.

Craig