Long Range Plans

KPower

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What is your long range plan for your business? Do you plan on growing as big as you can handle and leveling off or do you plan on branching out into other types of business? I have been thinking about this alot. Personally I see bulk vending as a jumping off point. I plan to use the income generated to finance other ventures. I was just wondering what you all had in mind.

Good question!

I am hoping to build up our route to the point where we can make our house payment every month then we can rent out our house here and move about 40 or 50 miles to SC and get a place with some LAND for our kids. I have been in my career (electronic security) for 12 + years and I also have 5+ years of other relevant work experience so I earn a decent living but if we could get things to that point in the next 2 to 4 years I think that would be a good plan for our family.

We'll see.............

David

My plans are hopefully to build big enough for this to become my new second income so my wife and I can do it together and even let boy help us when he gets old enough. My first thought is probably build up to 100 machines startind w/ around 5 or 6. I guess we'll just see how it goes from there. Maybe even tring to branch out to kiddie rides in the 5 yr future.

• 2 months later...

My goal is to create a big enough bulk vending route that I can cover all of my recurring costs. I want the route to be very tight, so I can grow it on the weekends and then start working part time in my career as needed. Eventually I'll sustain myself on the route, and hopefully be making similar income without working 40 hours a week.

leo7068 wrote:

My goal is to create a big enough bulk vending route that I can cover all of my recurring costs. I want the route to be very tight, so I can grow it on the weekends and then start working part time in my career as needed. Eventually I'll sustain myself on the route, and hopefully be making similar income without working 40 hours a week.

instead of working 40 hrs a week you will be working 60.

not much that is "passive" about the vending biz like some will lead you to believe.

start small enough to see if you like it first.

Less variety in products and machines mean easier inventory

better machines mean less repairs

tighter locations mean less travel

larger machines with long lasting product mean more time between services

reloacting to hot spots mean more revenue with less locations

As far as bussinesses go this can be made fairly passive. I am not saying it doesn't require work, but I am going to try and be smart about this whole bussiness.