Anyone doing coin funnels?

joel112

The coin funnels seem like a great vending idea.

No moving parts.

No Inventory.

Good entertainment for kids and adults.

The price seems a little high. I saw one company that wanted $6995 for one! Are they crazy? Has anyone out there tried these out?

• 1 month later...

I agree, the price on coin funnels is very high, but in the right location it could be very profitable. I don't see why you couldn't rent a lttle bit of floor space in a mall to put one in there. I'm sure you could donate a portion of the proceeds to charity so that you could use their name.

I was in the Twin Peaks mall in Longmont CO (about 10 miles from Boulder) the other week, and I found a large coin funnel there.  This one was about 5-6 feet across, and it looked like it was made of that corriane material, the stuff used to make high-class kitchen counters.  If the one you listed for $6000 is similar to what I described, then I can see why it costs so much.

Back in the day they used to be real common in malls. The ones I recall looked like giant gas/oil/car fluid funnels, in a wide trashcan like box, but you just drop in a coin, it goes around, around and around until it falls in the pit in the center. It really appeals to kids I think.

They also call them wishing wells.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The price on the machines still seems incredibly high. I'd rather have the profit margin flowing into my pocket, rather than into someone else's. I think we all feel that way, and that's why we have chosen to become vendors.

If anyone has experience with these I'd love to know though. I'd certainly consider looking for a cheaper imitation...

For everyone looking into this:

The prices on the above site are to high. Here is a group that is only a few miles away from some of my accounts.

http://www.funnelworks.com/order_forprofit.html

They have a huge, very nice funnel I see placed in the malls all around. I figured the price would be higher than what they sell it for!

Kyle

• 1 month later...

I've been to this factory where they build these vortex machines. The company is Global Gumball who is the manufacturer of the Wizard spiral gumball machines as well. They are great people to do business with. They sell the spirals, bounce ball machines and these vortex too. Really nice people. Check out their web site http://globalgumball.net/WizardVortex.html

what is a coin funnel? any pictures?

Here is a link with some info and pictures JS.

http://www.spiralwishingwells.com/index.html

Posted ImageThe current one-day record for a single Well is $7,352.39 from an event at Canyonville Academy, a small Christian school in Canyonville, Oregon!:shock:

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Heath/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpgPosted ImageMany gravity wells have generated over $100 a day with only a little promotion. Several have brought in over $100,000 in 10 years at the same location. The Air Force Museum in Dayton Ohio has had over $1 million worth of coins tossed in during its life so far! Those are the exceptional reports. But even ordinary locations can effortlessly generate $100 to $500 per month. They sure bet a static donation box.

Posted ImageSpiral Wishing Wells have raised thousands of dollars at one-day events and short-term campaigns. For instance, high school kids in Oregon helped raise $248,000 in 45 days which paid for a life saving bone morrow transplant for one of their fellow-students. The surplus later matched with state and federal funds that provided transplants for 11 more children!:shock::shock:

ME WANNA LEARN HOW TO BUILD MY OWN COIN FUNNEL.

• 1 month later...

Yes roger, it would appear the coin funnels would be an incredible investment if we could build them ourselves. The obscene prices kills the ROI, and I don't believe the numbers supplied by the company. To me, it screams biz-op.

Viper,

They manufacture and sell these things at the same place in Gilbert that made the Wizards you just bought as well as the monster gumball machine as well. The owner has one of those monster gumball machines here in a local mall.

nam