ARE THERE ANY MINORITIES HERE LIKE MYSELF

lbizzell78

I LIVE IN NORTH CAROLINA THE EASTERN PART OF NC.IM A MARRIED 30YR OLD BLACK MALE.MY BUSINESS IS LEGALLY SET UP AS A BUSINESS .I  FIND IT EASIER FOR ME TO LOCATE MY MACHINES WITHIN OTHER MINORITY BUSINESS. BLACK OR ARAB BUT NOT WHITES DO ANY OF YOU HAVE THIS PROBLEM?THIS NOT MEANT TO BE A RACIALLY FUELED ARGUMENT BECAUSE BULK VENDING  LOCATING IS HARD ANYWAY. I THINK TO GET THE BIGGER LOCATION I NEED A TYPICALLY WHITE LOCATOR SOLICITING FOR ME.THEN LET THE OWNER ASSUME I WORK FOR SOMEONEELSE JUST AS PEOPLE ASSUME I WORK FOR THE STORE WHEN I SERVICE MY MACHINES NOW.I MEAN MOSTLY PEOPLE I KNOW LOL . THEY SAY OH YOU WORK HERE AND RESOND UN HUNH YEAH!

ALSO, HOW DO YOU OBTAIN CHAIN ACCOUNTS? 

SOMEONE HERE MUST HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE OF HOW ITS DONE SO PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE .PLEASE  GIVE DETAILS.

being a white guy in dallas i believe i am a minority also.

95 percent of the places i locate are not owned by "white" people and i have about the same success rate as probably the national average. give it a go and see how it works out for you. business is business and present yourself as a business man trying to do business with the location owners and it should not matter.

i really do need to learn more spanish and my success rate would go way up.

good luck to you.

THANKS THAT WAS WISE AND VERY CIVIL ADVICE I GUESS I NEVER LOOKED AT LIKE THAT AS IN CERTAIN PLACES WHITES ARE MINORITIES ALSO GUESS YOUR RIGHT LOOK THROUGH THE THE B.S. AND FOCUS ON BUSINESS.

Please don't shout.  Please turn off your capslock.

#1 - Caps Lock Off please.

#2 - I operate in many different ethnic neighborhoods. All things being equal It's true that people are more comfortable doing business with their own. Don't let all things be equal. Have the best machines, merchandise, sales pitch, service, sales, references etc....

#3 - Language barriers can be a huge problem. Learn a little spanish. People will be impressed with the effort. Have lots of good pictures. Hire a locator/salesperson as needed.

#4 - I'm white and no matter where I am I still get "Do you work here?" You are in the store, working, and the person really, really needs to know where the toilet paper is. Don't take it personally.

#5 - You mention bigger locations here and in another post you ask how to get chains. I'll answer both here. You  aren't going to at the begining. This is a grind it out, build slowly business. Any big store/chain is going to want to know where you have your equipment. You're not going to get the major account if your biggest location is currently Joe's Deli.

But one day that independent laundromat that was one of your first stops is going to expand to 6 Laundromats. And now you're going to be able to tell other laundromat owners that lbizzell vending has all 6 Acme Laundromats and they're going to be impressed.

Another day, some guy with 10 stores of some other kind is going to see your equipment in the laundromats and they are going to look better (with better product) than the crap in his stores and he's going to call the number on your machines (you do have your number on your machine, right??) You get that account ,now when the guy with 25 stores asks you "What other chains do you have?  At least you've got an answer.

Our business requires a lot of hard work and a lot of patience. Good Luck.