Heads Up Operators

These soda machines problem is the prize sensor. Kids hold the product up with the door flap keeping the product from passing the prize sensor and then reseting to fetch another product. My initial thought was to remove the door flap but with moving parts it is probably a safety issue. Perhaps the sensor can be unpluged from the board. I know its possible with other machines.

So you say in your video that you do not own any of these machines but you are telling them not to buy them?

You are also telling them to remove the delivery door which will cause the compressor to freeze up.

Just my opinion here but this does not appear to be very good how 2 vend video.BTW there is a software solution to this, its called grab mode.

lol....I dont appreciate the jab. I certainly recommended that people not purchase these machines. I do not tell them to remove the delivery door It was offered as a plausable solution but with uncertanty and that each operator should look into a solution. Its further explained in the description also.

I appreciate the software update and the compressor freeze tip. I will create a follow up video.

Randall

lol....I dont appreciate the jab. I certainly recommended that people not purchase these machines. I do not tell them to remove the delivery door It was offered as a plausable solution but with uncertanty and that each operator should look into a solution. Its further explained in the description also.

I appreciate the software update and the compressor freeze tip. I will create a follow up video.

Randall

It wasn't intended as a jab but if that's how you want to take it then its fine with me.

First, from the forum rules:

Signatures are allowed, and may contain up to one external hyperlink (points to a webpage outside of VENDiscuss.com), but should not be excessive in length nor contain any promotional text (enticing users to click). Traffic leaching will not be tolerated. Additional signature links are acceptable, so long as they point to pages within the VENDiscuss.com site (favorite machine review, forum rules, etc.). Signatures should be small and tasteful and take up 1 - 4 lines max in the default font size (the last thing we want is to look at a forum thread and see 15 big signatures that take up all of the screen real estate). Moderators will determine what is acceptable or not.

To clarify, in the body of posts we do not allow people to post a self promoting external link that has the obvious intent of leaching traffic. Providing links to third party sources is acceptable so long as the poster has no interest in the site and business linked to.

Secondly, I'm happy to see that you are trying to be helpful to new vendors, we need more people like that and I encourage you to continue to do so.... on your website. We try to do the same around here in a different manner by allowing people to post and share their real and credible experiences. When you post a recommendation about a machine that you have never owned, make a further suggestion that could potentially damage a machine and are unaware of a existing fix to a commonly known problem you are not credible. That may be fine for you, .....on your website, but it is not acceptable here.

If you are offended in any way it is not my intent but this is Steve's website and he has given the mods a lot of autonomy in running it for him and we allow your participation here on our terms. Please do not post another link to your website other than in your signature line.

I run all types of equipment from crane machines to ATM machines . Your opinion about whether or not iam credible is simply that "your opinion."

I cover stuff on my website and youtube that generally is not answered or discussed on the public forum.

The main point for posting this video is for those who run the machines and may not know the hacks kids use on them. Initially in the video I talk about removing the door as a possible solution. However, at the end of the video I advise against it.

Another reason why I posted the video was so that others (like yourself ) would provide the solution and that it would help others out. Great job. With your help I accomplished my objective and was able to provide the right solution in a follow up video.

Not one forum thread has posted relating to the specific hack spoken of in my youtube video.

Which leads me into my conclusion. Just so Iam clear you are stating that we cannot post youtube videos relating to helpful topics not covered here on the forum? If that is the case, i feel that is a bit biased and prejudice..

Do you warn salesman peddling vending products or locating services not to intervine and network with forum constituants? Or is that dependant on whether or not they are paying for an advertisment on the forum?

Good information is good information and I dont think is should be punished or frowend upon if it leads to a youtube channel whether is mine or someone elses. The reason the link goes to my youtube channel is becuase there wasnt one to share in the first place and know you are telling me to pipe down and stop contributing to the forum because a link goes to my youtube channel?

Iam I missunderstanding your link positing speach?

It seems we have two issues going on here, the first is the violation of forum rules, intentional or not, that is what you did by posting a link back to your site. I refer you back to my previous post for quoting the forum guidlines.

The second point you raise is about the information,if the information were presented in such a manner that it did not leach traffic it would still be there. Something like, "Hey guys I found this video on youtube about hacking a machine, what do you know about it?" and link to a youtube post not associated with your website is quite appropriate.

Additionally, you admitted having no knowledge or experience with this machine yet you made a recommendation to others to not buy one. With admitted lack of knowledge your recommendation was not credible so it gave me another legitimate reason to remove the link.

I did not tell you to "pipe down and stop contributing" as you put it. Everyone is free to participate at whatever level they choose to do, but on our terms and guidelines. If you need further clarification perhaps it is best to continue this via PM.

It seems we have two issues going on here, the first is the violation of forum rules, intentional or not, that is what you did by posting a link back to your site. I refer you back to my previous post for quoting the forum guidlines.

The second point you raise is about the information,if the information were presented in such a manner that it did not leach traffic it would still be there. Something like, "Hey guys I found this video on youtube about hacking a machine, what do you know about it?" and link to a youtube post not associated with your website is quite appropriate.

Additionally, you admitted having no knowledge or experience with this machine yet you made a recommendation to others to not buy one. With admitted lack of knowledge your recommendation was not credible so it gave me another legitimate reason to remove the link.

I did not tell you to "pipe down and stop contributing" as you put it. Everyone is free to participate at whatever level they choose to do, but on our terms and guidelines. If you need further clarification perhaps it is best to continue this via PM.

intentional or not, that is what you did by posting a link back to your site.

First of all, I didnt nor have I ever created a thread or shared in a post inviting someone to visit my blog. You deleted a direct link to a youtube video. Youtube videos are either permited or they are not. Plain and simple.

I dont like this solution. Why? Because it just tells lerkers that if they discuise themselves they can create posts to whatever links they want to.

Additionally, you admitted having no knowledge or experience with this machine

Oh quite to the contrary. The experience that I have had with these machines was watching kids steal product from them and to inspire people that owned the machines to solve the problem rather than get ripped off and you deleted that. Nowhere on this site was that topic covered.

I appreciate your information on the software update. You are helping people not get ripped off.

Am i interested in getting into a pissing match becuase I dont run these machines? Nope. Nor should you. Its bad for the forum. Whether you admit it or not oporaters can get ripped off running these machines if they are not careful. It had to be brought up by somebody otherwise we are not going to get any better at our business.

Iam not selling how to books. I am not selling machines or venidng machine products. All i want to do is help.Traffic leaching.....lol ...Iam not even going to get into this one tonight. I have more important things to do.

Lets keep Vending.

Randall

Archived