45 mm Superballs: 50 cents or $1.00?

McMEnterpr

Hello all,

I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend.

I'm planning on placing a Bounce-A-Roo machine filled with 45 mm superballs in the near future. The machine came with a $1.00 mechanism. I only have one other machine (a Northwestern) that vends 45 mm superballs for 50 cents.

What is your experience with using 50 cents vs. $1.00 coin mechanisms for superballs? Do you notice less sales when they sell for $1.00? Your insight is appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

Hello Smiley,

Thanks for the response. Honestly, I would never buy a superball that cost a dollar-- but that's just me. Yes, I can get them cheap enough to vend at 50 cents.

Do you find that your sales are comparable or drop significantly between a 50 cents or 75 cents mechanism when vending superballs?

Thanks,

Brian

Brian,

Personally I wouldn't buy a superball for a buck either but all the Bounce-A-Roos I've seen around here are $1.00 vends and they sell like hotcakes. I'm not sure why. :shock:

Steve

I have seen them for a dollar in the mall and the machine was half empty.I too wonder how the heck they sell 4 that much.I would sell them for 50 or 75 cents.

you don't know when the las time the guy filled or how high he filled it though.

I have seen them for a dollar in the mall and the machine was half empty.I too wonder how the heck they sell 4 that much.I would sell them for 50 or 75 cents.

you don't know when the las time the guy filled or how high he filled it though.
it was more full for sure.he didnt take out the old faded gumballs when he topped off the machines next to it.and it wasnt a little differance u could tell what he had done from a few feet.I `m NOT SAYING THEY ARE DOING WELL BY NO MEANS.sorry caps,only that some have sold.he probably would have sold more at .75 and many more at .50

Most will not pay $1 for a ball. I sell them at .50, and they do OK. Other things sell better, however.

What are you paying for them Kyle? I see no way to sell them at  .50 . Product cost and profit. If your not making your set profit margin why sell it?

Mike

• 6 months later...

I have 4 Bounce a Roo machines with varying prices from 50 cents to a buck. The one with 75 cent vend has two quarters on one side of the coin mech. and 1 quarter on the other side. Seems a little confusing but haven't got them placed yet so not sure of best price. Is it possible to change the price of these Beaver mechs.? Several in my area are only at 50 cents so not sure I want to go with the buck machine.