VENDISCUSS FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE

Big Mike

You know, at the beginning of the year I thought that King had a very mediocre team at best.  His draft was kind of meh - not bad, but just meh.  The DT trade really put him into championship conversation.  Kiwi and Hippo have really good teams, but they're both at least a WR short of really challenging King on a week to week basis.

On a separate note, and not to make any excuses, but we should really change the league so that players who have already played go on waivers until Tuesday.  I have never been a big fan of rewarding the people who have the most free time on their hands.  It should be highest waiver has the highest priority on players IMO.

I think that the manager with the highest waiver priority has the edge, regardless of when he places his claim - as long as it's within the three day waiver period.  I've already missed out twice on Rbs to guys with a higher waiver priority.  Once you're granted a waiver you go to the end of the line.  You can see the priority rankings in the league overview,

The King is weak at Qb and Te, a problem that the Hippo and Kiwi don't have.  He's been trying to get Luck and Thomas off of me for awhile now - unfortunately all he wants to offer are a bunch of second stringers.

• Like 1

I suspect that you will let me know how I am "just a lowly peasant who the king will soon banish from his kingdom" or you will tell me that I am "destined to be sent to the depths of the royal dungeon" or something.....

I think I would rather be called a "peasant" than a "sheep shagger"..... but then in the king eyes....  I mite just be a sheep shagging peasant!  ;D

On a separate note, and not to make any excuses, but we should really change the league so that players who have already played go on waivers until Tuesday.  I have never been a big fan of rewarding the people who have the most free time on their hands.  It should be highest waiver has the highest priority on players IMO.

Try being in a different timezone....  ;D

I think that the manager with the highest waiver priority has the edge, regardless of when he places his claim - as long as it's within the three day waiver period.  I've already missed out twice on Rbs to guys with a higher waiver priority.  Once you're granted a waiver you go to the end of the line.  You can see the priority rankings in the league overview,

Now you tell me... I wondered why I keep missing out on players before they become FA... 

Who has the number 1 waiver pick?  ;D  ;D  ;D

I think I would rather be called a "peasant" than a "sheep shagger"..... but then in the king eyes....  I mite just be a sheep shagging peasant!  ;D

Try being in a different timezone....  ;D

Now you tell me... I wondered why I keep missing out on players before they become FA... 

Who has the number 1 waiver pick?  ;D  ;D  ;D

At the moment, you do - just think .... you could pick up Eddie Royal before anybody else gets him (I doubt there's much of a waiting line) thereby sending yourself to the back of the line - I really think you should do it  ;D  ;D  ;D

• Like 1

At the moment, you do - just think .... you could pick up Eddie Royal before anybody else gets him

So you mean that I can't trade Lamar Miller for him anymore....  ;D

The King is weak at Qb and Te, a problem that the Hippo and Kiwi don't have.  He's been trying to get Luck and Thomas off of me for awhile now - unfortunately all he wants to offer are a bunch of second stringers.

He wants Luck off you & he wants Peyton off me.... I wonder who got the better trade offer... you or me? ;D  

At the moment, you do - just think ...

I am waiting for caserri to drop Jordy... I am sure he will look better wearing a Thunder uniform  ;D

So you mean that I can't trade Lamar Miller for him anymore....  ;D

He wants Luck off you & he wants Peyton off me.... I wonder who got the better trade offer... you or me? ;D  

I am waiting for caserri to drop Jordy... I am sure he will look better wearing a Thunder uniform  ;D

No problemo, now you can trade Miller for Kenny Stills  ;D  ;D  ;D

I'm sure he's also after Aaron Rodgers - his problem is that he's blind to the fact that nobody really wants that load of scrubs he's offering, if he wants a premium player he must first offer one in exchange.

I doubt Caserrie will be dropping Jordy since he can't seem to access his team very often  ;D  ;D  ;D

Edited by moondog
  • Like 1

I doubt Caserrie will be dropping Jordy since he can't seem to access his team very often  ;D  ;D  ;D

You always got an answer for everything...  ;D

I forgot to tell you that the wife said because of TVF & Fantasy Football I have NO time for her anymore... I hope you know who she is blaming for it...

If you ever meet her one day.... I would run... forrest run if I was you!!

Because no amount of  talking will get you out of that one  ;D  ;D  ;D  

• Like 1

I will pass on that... you will drop him after this game & he will be a FA again next week

I was stupid enough for dropping Robinson & letting you pick him up... maybe I should change my team name to The Blunders From DownUnder  ;D  

But... in saying that... weren't you the one that dropped LaFell ;D  ;D  

Edited by Kiwi

I will pass on that... you will drop him after this game & he will be a FA again next week

I was stupid enough for dropping Robinson & letting you pick him up... maybe I should change my team name to The Blunders From DownUnder  ;D  

But... in saying that... weren't you the one that dropped LaFell ;D  ;D  

I seem to be very adept at dropping everybody just before they get hot.  ;D

Ps. I like the Blunder idea - it's got a real ring to it  ;D  ;D  ;D

It is quite exhausting to keep up with My royal schtick.  The constant third person musings have made me grow weary but I press on.  I press on not only for the love of my Kingdom but also because you, my peasants, need a villain.   Fantasy football in general needs a villain to keep the games interesting.  The only thing you muck shuffling peasants care about aside from your own victory is the Kings defeat.  A defeat that does not come too easily.  Winning is not enough for a King.  I need to win knowing that all of you want me to lose.  If I battle just one of you, it would not be satisfying.  I need to crush all of the commoners under my royal boot and then, and only then, will this championship satisfy me.  

I agree that waivers should be implemented but I think it should happen next year.  Once rules are established, they should remain the same for the entire season.

I am looking for Jimmy Graham, Julius Thomas, Rob Gronkowski, Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning.  If you have one of these players, send me offers you consider fair.  Let's try to make some magic happen

HRH

King, the game would indeed not be nearly so entertaining without all your bloviations.  Like the old saying goes,  everything is for sale for a price.  If you want any of those guys you'll need to up your offers.  ie; Megatron and D. Thomas.

• Like 1

You always got an answer for everything...  ;D

I forgot to tell you that the wife said because of TVF & Fantasy Football I have NO time for her anymore... I hope you know who she is blaming for it...

If you ever meet her one day.... I would run... forrest run if I was you!!

Because no amount of  talking will get you out of that one  ;D  ;D  ;D  

I figure that you were in hot water with your wife long before TVF or I came along .... and how is that couch these days ?  ;D  ;D  ;D

• Like 1

I agree that waivers should be implemented but I think it should happen next year.  Once rules are established, they should remain the same for the entire season.

Yeah, I agree.  I meant it more as a change for next year.

The highest waiver priority only has an advantage on players who have been dropped.  I have an on call job, a business to run and a family to look after so I can't pick up players as they have amazing games on Sunday.  Most competitive leagues have it so that when a players game starts, that player goes on waivers until the week's games are over.  This way everyone has a fair shot at the player.

King is weak at TE and weakish at QB but that doesn't matter as much because WR is technically the most predictable position, especially in PPR.  Marshall and Fitzgerald have been less than spectacular this year for me, but I stand by the fact that this is a WR friendly league.  The numbers prove it.

Still it's any given Sunday and King could just have a bad week in the playoffs and lose, but he has the most formidable team week in and week out.  Especially when Gordon returns (probably the best WR in the league along with Megatron).  I was a little salty that King got him.

Edited by Happy Vending
  • Like 1

I'm sure he's also after Aaron Rodgers - his problem is that he's blind to the fact that nobody really wants that load of scrubs he's offering, if he wants a premium player he must first offer one in exchange.

Mate... you dropped Kenny before he even got to suit-up in a Mooners uniform...  ;D

I don't think the King will be letting go of any of his premium players... so I think it is pointless in trying to trade with him... unless the trade is highly in his favor!

Mate... you dropped Kenny before he even got to suit-up in a Mooners uniform...  ;D

I don't think the King will be letting go of any of his premium players... so I think it is pointless in trying to trade with him... unless the trade is highly in his favor!

Not true, I will happily settle for a trade slightly in my favor as well but I do prefer the variety that is highly in my favor.   I would also happily trade away a premium player but would need top dollar in return.

HRH

Edited by kandyking
  • Like 1

Well it's too bad you can't trade for him anymore, I needed an RB worse.  The King finally did offer me a trade that was reasonable - I'm just not sure if Gio has any juice left in him.

Well it's too bad you can't trade for him anymore, I needed an RB worse.  The King finally did offer me a trade that was reasonable - I'm just not sure if Gio has any juice left in him.

I don't think I would take the risk with Gio... he seems a bit banged up & the way the Bengals use him I can only see his body getting worse... if you want a banged up RB you mite as well have Reggie... 

I am sure he will cost you a lot less than what Gio will...  ;D

King is weak at TE and weakish at QB but that doesn't matter as much because WR is technically the most predictable position, especially in PPR.  Marshall and Fitzgerald have been less than spectacular this year for me, but I stand by the fact that this is a WR friendly league.  The numbers prove it.

Still it's any given Sunday and King could just have a bad week in the playoffs and lose, but he has the most formidable team week in and week out.  Especially when Gordon returns (probably the best WR in the league along with Megatron).  I was a little salty that King got him.

I agree the King has a formidable bunch of WR's but not that he has a formidable team... he is weak at TE and QB... also Gio is looking banged up with Fjax who is already injured coming back from a pretty serious injury for a guy his age in his position so you may be able to include RB as a weak spot depending on how thing go...

If that happens he will be relying on his four WR's to score the majority of his points with one of those WR's coming back from injury aswell...

He has also had a lucky schedule in my opinion... I would love to be playing him this week!  ;D

Not true, I will happily settle for a trade slightly in my favor as well but I do prefer the variety that is highly in my favor.   I would also happily trade away a premium player but would need top dollar in return.

And what exactly is a trade slightly in your favor... Jimmy Graham for ..........?  ;D

I am waiting......  ;D  ;D  ;D

Edited by Kiwi

Once again, what is the topic on all of the peasants lips . . . The King.   Kiwi, You may think you would love to play me this week but, as of next week, I get Megatron back so lets see who is lining up to play me then.    The cream will rise to the top by seasons end.  The only team who does not deserve to be where he currently resides is the Blue Mooners.  Poor luck with regard to match ups has him way below where he deserves to be. 

My royal team is possibly the best squad ever put together in a 12 team ppr league.  Who among you have a team you would like to do a side by side comparison with the King's "Gumballs of Steel"  Between Gio and Fjax (without spiller mind you), I think The King has RB covered.  The only position I would like to improve is TE and with my royal addition of Rudolph, it should be adequate soon enough.   See you in the playoffs folks because The King is well on his way to reclaiming his throne.  

Minstrels will compose songs to honor these brave heroes on Gumballs of Steel as they make history by bringing home their 2nd championship after their 3rd Super Bowl appearance in as many years.  They fight for the honor of their King.  They fight to bring glory to His kingdom.  They fight to ensure His place in history.    Today I honor you Gumballs of Steel, for showing these peasants what it means to exist purely on the will to win.  After suffering many early set backs, they have enjoyed a meteoric rise through the ranks and will soon make claim to their 2nd trophy.

HRH

and please folks, accept, reject or counter on trades.  Don't just let them sit there.  Even lowly peasants should be able to observe some level of courtesy.  

• Like 1

Once again, what is the topic on all of the peasants lips . . . The King.   Kiwi, You may think you would love to play me this week but, as of next week, I get Megatron back so lets see who is lining up to play me then.    The cream will rise to the top by seasons end.  The only team who does not deserve to be where he currently resides is the Blue Mooners.  Poor luck with regard to match ups has him way below where he deserves to be. 

My royal team is possibly the best squad ever put together in a 12 team ppr league.  Who among you have a team you would like to do a side by side comparison with the King's "Gumballs of Steel"  Between Gio and Fjax (without spiller mind you), I think The King has RB covered.  The only position I would like to improve is TE and with my royal addition of Rudolph, it should be adequate soon enough.   See you in the playoffs folks because The King is well on his way to reclaiming his throne.  

Minstrels will compose songs to honor these brave heroes on Gumballs of Steel as they make history by bringing home their 2nd championship after their 3rd Super Bowl appearance in as many years.  They fight for the honor of their King.  They fight to bring glory to His kingdom.  They fight to ensure His place in history.    Today I honor you Gumballs of Steel, for showing these peasants what it means to exist purely on the will to win.  After suffering many early set backs, they have enjoyed a meteoric rise through the ranks and will soon make claim to their 2nd trophy.

HRH

and please folks, accept, reject or counter on trades.  Don't just let them sit there.  Even lowly peasants should be able to observe some level of courtesy.  

I agree with everything you just said........... apart from your comment about the Mooners  ;D

I think the King is just saying nice thing about you so that you hit the accept trade button....  ;D  ;D  ;D

Are we allowed to guess who he wanted in return for Gio?  ;D