New with questions

desert_gold_hound

Hi I am new here and have a couple of questions.

A little history first,. I purchased 4 used vending machines (triple type) about 2 months ago and have  been looking into getting into this business. The first thing I did was take the machines apart to their basics. I then found what coin mechanisms worked and what didn't. I found I had only 5 working ones (the machines sat in weather) and took a few apart and was able to fix another 3 of them. I now have one machine in Good condition (looks almost new) and one that is in OK condition. I only paid $100.00 for these machines and they all have black stands that are in OK condition. I may use these machines but am thinking I would have been better off with getting new machines but that is OK I have 2 machines with extra parts for them. I could rebuild the other 2 but they look bad and would need alot of work to get them looking good. (I may powder coat them).

So here is my first.

I have been looking for Dixie cup holders (do not wont to leave on top) and have failed to find any at Wal-mart, Sam’s club or any online places (even checked restaurant supplies) they will need to hold 3 oz. and just one column being that I plan to mount to the side of machines. Does any one have a source for the cup holders? (links would be nice) and does anyone have photo's with cup holders mounted to their machines?

Second

After doing some searching on this forum and others I have seen good and bad reviews for XYZvending. I have noticed that some find the coin mechanics of them to be lower quality and some find them to be work horses. So here is my question if I get the easy pro ( I realy like this one) is there a way to get better quality looks from another source?

Thanks in advance

First. Welcome to VENDiscuss.com

Thank you for becoming a member and being part of the largest source of information about vending on the internet.

Your questions are really interesting. I personally have never used cups and cup holders on my machines. Some say that they increases sales in places where men and women take candy back to their desks. (like at an office building) If you are using them in the regular marketplace, you may be adding expense to your business and lowering your profits. I am sure you will get other responses to this question.

Secondly, the reviews are mixed about XYZ machines and every other machine that is made. I use 1800's vending machines, LYPC, Beaver and V-line. They all have their good points and bad points. So, I would try a few different machines and decide for yourself which one works best for your needs. Most of the time the mech's that the machine comes with are the ones you get. They should be good enough to do the job.

We do have an equipment review section that will help you get started.

Again, Welcome to the forum.

Gary

Thanks for your fast replie.

I should have said anohter thing. I can get a 1000 cups for $1.00 from a friend so cup cost is min. I also have found holders but were around $30.00 but am changing my search terms used in yahoo, and google so I will se if this helps. I will not put $30.00 for a $2.00 amonth increase unless It is a wonderfull location that I wont to go the extra mile for.

I have done the search and saw the revies were mixed that is why I asked again. Sorry.

One more thing for those "TEENS" in this buisness good job you are learning a life lesson win or lose in the buisness.

Thanks again for fast responce.

You might want to check with your local Walmart to see if they can get them for you. Our local ones have the square dixie holder with 2oz on one end or flip it over for 3oz. I think they were $6 but were under $10 for sure.

DGH, welcome to the forum.

As for the cup holder, I had the same problem as you.  I could not find one to hold the smaller cups.  One thing you may want to check out is the Gatoraid triangle cup holders.  http://www.toolbarn.com/product/gatorade/49627/?ref=base    I'm not sure if you would want to paint it, mount it, etc, but there is an idea.

I have 5 XYZ super pro triples.  3 are older with the original mechs, and two have the newer "fall through" mech.  Both types do very well for me.

Happy Vending!

DGH, welcome to the forum.

As for the cup holder, I had the same problem as you.  I could not find one to hold the smaller cups.  One thing you may want to check out is the Gatoraid triangle cup holders.  http://www.toolbarn.com/product/gatorade/49627/?ref=base    I'm not sure if you would want to paint it, mount it, etc, but there is an idea.

I have 5 XYZ super pro triples.  3 are older with the original mechs, and two have the newer "fall through" mech.  Both types do very well for me.

Happy Vending!

Thanks I think that may just well work. I will get one and see what I think by mounting it to one of my ugly (wont be using) vending machine and see how it looks then buy more if I like. Thank You

After doing some searching on this forum and others I have seen good and bad reviews for XYZvending. I have noticed that some find the coin mechanics of them to be lower quality and some find them to be work horses. So here is my question if I get the easy pro ( I realy like this one) is there a way to get better quality looks from another source?

Gary is absolutely right. Just about every machine out there has mixed reviews. I think a lot of it comes down to personal preference. I have an XYZ Easy Pro and like it a lot better than the much more expensive Northwestern Triple Play. Most complanies offer some sort of warranty so if things break...call them and get a new one on order. Maybe having a spare mech or two on hand wouldn't be a bad idea. My full time job is an industrial mechanic and have come to realize that the thing that is most likely to break is the thing you don't have any spare parts for. :? Good luck.

Joe