Might have an opportunity to get into Full line

Hey Guys,

I have been around Vendiscuss for 11 mos. now for anyone who doesn't know me from the bulk section. ( I always hang around the Bulk section.)

I might have an opportunity to get into full line. I am curious about the best way to physically move machines around. I don't have a truck so I'm thinking a Uhaul with a hand truck?:huh:?? Don't know? Any suggestions. Also, Are the Antreas combo machines OK I can get one used for a reasonable price.

Any advice???

Thanks,

David

David,

I can tell you from experience that you don't want to move machines by yourself and uhaul doesn't have anything to make it easier.Pay someone to move them for you.I moved a Dixie Narco 440 with 3 people,my foot  slipped on the ramp to the trailer and about broke my leg in the process.Moving companies have specialized equipment and insurance.With that out of the way it is nicer emptying the dollar bills compared to quarters.Full line is work, unlike bulk thats considered lightweight.As far as the anteras combo,its a good starting point but I wouldn't keep it in a busy account.

John

anteras combo's are cheap for a reason, everyone is trying to dump them, they are not electronic machines, and unless you are buying one on location were they are used to using one, most locations are gonna want a newer type machine that takes dollors and vends by pushing a button not turing a knob like a bulk candy machine. There are allways some good deals on ebay and craigslist if you keep your eyes open, also on usedvending.com. This is just my opinion but I love the two New combos I bought, they are AMS healthy vend(expencive but worth it) Things will depend on the size of the location. Good Luck

I would not have too much of a problem setting the machine. I used to install deliver and remove 1500 to 2500 lb ATM's but the thing was I had a truck that was built for it with a 5000 lb lift gate. I will have to research this some more as far as logistics.

The machine is actually from usedvending.com.

I might have a location that is interested. I am willing to try it out to get started I don't want to invest 2 or 3 thousand right now for a machine. (It has a bill changer also.)

One question I should ask is how accessable are replacement parts if needed? Does anyone have an idea. Also, how much would a company charge to physically deliver the machine (ball park.)

Thanks for the input.

David

I've moved a lot of full line machines and once you get used to it they are fairly easy to move, but obviously more effort than a bulk machine.

The most used item is a pallet truck, which is ok for areas where there are no steps. Any machine with legs is easy enough, but sometimes it's an advantage to have a couple of pieces of timber to sit on the forks of the pallet truck to increase the height a bit. On flat surfaces this is an easy one man job.

Machines with no legs are a bit more of a problem as you have to tip the machine from each side to stand it on timbers to get the pallet truck underneath, then reverse the process when you get it where you want it. This is a two man job.

To transport machines I use a trailer with a long ramp and push the machines up on the pallet truck. This is a two man job for safety.

If the machine has to go up or down steps, you really need a stair climber and to be properly trained in its use. There are various models on the market at various prices, non of them particularly cheap. In the UK, a stair climber would need to be tested annually, but that might not apply in the US.

If you need any more information, just PM me and I'll help all I can.

Full line vending can be very rewarding. I've never done bulk vending so don't know which is more profitable.

As far as the type of machines you use, I would recommend staying away from mechanical machines and going for electro mechanical or electronic as they are generally more reliable and easier for your cusomers to use. New machines are expensive and have a long payback time unless you have a very busy site or one where the site is prepared to carry some of the cost.

I built my business on good second hand machines, and some not so good :D.

Good luck if you decide to go for it.

Thanks very much for the response. I am trying to get as much info. as I can before just jumping into it, Any other advice would be appreciated.

Does anyone here run mechanical machines and do well with them?

I like the price and I might be able to negotiate it down a little more too.

Thanks,

David

I started out with several bulk candy machines and decided to venture into full line vending after about a year.  Fortunately, I have been able to obtain some nice and safe locations with some very good customers.  Personally, I have found the full line business very rewarding and I'm only in it part-time.  So many people grow their full line business too fast and get overwhelmed and stressed with full line but I have been able to take my time, pick my customers with care and control my growth so that I can still work full-time until I retire in five years.  In addition, I have excellent repairmen and movers who are very dependable and reasonable.  The machines hardly ever break down.  This has truly been a blessing for me.

I started out with several bulk candy machines and decided to venture into full line vending after about a year.  Fortunately, I have been able to obtain some nice and safe locations with some very good customers.  Personally, I have found the full line business very rewarding and I'm only in it part-time.  So many people grow their full line business too fast and get overwhelmed and stressed with full line but I have been able to take my time, pick my customers with care and control my growth so that I can still work full-time until I retire in five years.  In addition, I have excellent repairmen and movers who are very dependable and reasonable.  The machines hardly ever break down.  This has truly been a blessing for me.

I like what you say Yvette.  Sounds like we are of similar ages.  I am just leaving my job of 20 years to pursue bulk and some full line snack and soda combo business.  I would certainly need a mover and repairman also when I get myself set up.  How did you find these service people Yvette?

Johnny (T Bird)

I found my repairmen and movers by basically talking to retailers in the area who sale vending machines and parts, by attending vending showcases in the area and by talking to other repairmen.  It's always good to have back-ups.  I found that the people who sale and refurbish machines have a lot of contacts that they can refer you to.

Hello,

I figured I would throw my two cents in on this subject. I just purchased 15 full line used machines (7 Royal 650 live displays,4 AP Studio 2 snack machines and 4 Saeco 7p Plus coffee machines) I was able to buy a special hand truck for vending machines to move these around....DO NOT move these machines with a regular hand truck. I moved all these machines by myself with this handtruck and a 24 ft budget rental truck with a liftgate. After doing much research into buying combo machines or to buy single stand ups your best bet is to stay away from combos. If you were to get into combos you would have to place these in pretty small venues as you would have to service these everyday if you placed them in a busy location due to limited capacity the combos can hold. One thing to realize is this with the cost of goods going through the roof and gas at all time highs you would have to sell alot more snacks and sodas then a combo machine could provide to make it worth your while to be on location everyday. Second you get what you pay for it seems like the market is flush with these Antares machines and their is a reason for that (STAY AWAY FROM THESE). Whatever you decide to do I wish you the best as it took me 5 months of research, heartache and constant monitioring of craigslist,ebay to find my deal and the ability to finally have enough knowledge to buy these machines. There are many deals to be had out there just have to keep your eyes open. Good Luck!

Brian Goodman

Summit Vending LLC  

I've had a Royal 650 live display on location at a school since January and it works like a charm.  The students are very visual and they love seeing a picture of the items they are purchasing.

Yvette,

I hope you dont mind me asking a few questions. What kind of school? Number of students?What are you serving to the students? What are your price points? I know with the royal it can hold 288 20oz bottles. Thanks for the information in advance reason for the questions is that I believe with the school I will be handling I will need to put in a second Royal 650 for the demand and will have to service these on a daily basis.

Thanks,

Brian Goodman

Summit Vending LLC

Brian,

I service a small Christian college with about 200 students and a small dormitory.   When I acquired the account two (2) years ago, the original owner was only vending 12 oz cans which consisted of your standard beverages (Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Sprite, Orange, Diet Coke, Diet Dr. Pepper). 

The machine yielding the most sales is located in the front lobby where the offices are also located so I placed the Royal live display machine there in January.  Since January, I have added orange juice (16.5 ounce) and bottled water to my selections.  The orange juice is a big seller during the school year.  When school begins again in August, I may try Snapple (20 oz Juice), Green Tea, Gatorade or one of the energy drinks to see how well they sell.

Since this is a small college, I service this machine twice a month during the school year (August - May) and once a month during the summer months.

All:

Very interesting reading all the comments: agree in relation to the Antares: cheap machines with no support from the company:

Have approx. 15 combo machines and growing: teh computerized ones are the best:

Most important is to start out small: research research and research some more: if someone is selling a route there is a reason: FIND OUT:

That all said: I have 29 Vendstar 3000 machines used that I want to sell: they are used but not abused: bought do not work out: expanding with full line:  Will so seel them for $35/ set of 3 head complete:

Check this out others sell for much more just want to sell:

Also anyone interested in selling combo and or soda machines in NJ or PA please get in tough with me: Please contact via phone:

sue

sjvending LLC

609-306-1227

I think I might get a snack mate mechanical machine and a coin changer I have a couple of good leads for these. I am going to talk to the loacation to confirm if I can place the machine there. This seem like the easiest to transport, least expensive way to try this out. I am still researching this. If the location wants it I am comfortable with this approach to get started. I found a good price on a machine aan a good price on a coin changer.

David