Vendstar Models 3000, 4000 & 6000

bhfisher

Searching for machines and find a lot of Vendstar 3000 available and cheap - But I was wondering what was the differences between the 3000, 4000 & 6000?  Why would someone buy 6000 over 3000?

Bart

Most of what you'll see for sale are 3000.  Some of the newer ones (4000,6000) are colored differently.  I've seen some sage green ones; I'm not sure what other color(s) they made.  All of the 3000 were from the factory as ugly grey.  Sometimes you'll see some that were painted.  I'm not sure if the quality was any better on the 4000 and 6000, but they also did make the gumball wheel for them, which are rare.

so, Vendstar 6000 is not an improved machine over the 3000 except for color (I hate the ugly grey too)? 

I don't find many 4000 or 6000 for sale used, maybe a hand full as compared to 3000. Maybe 4000 & 6000 were that last to be produced before they closed the factory?

Bart

No supposedly the 6000's at least are higher quality from what i've seen and read. I think the chute doors might be stronger and coin mechs are supposedly better. They might hold more candy? However I do not own any. I own a lot of vendstars 3000 and will buy more when  need them. Usually you can find them pretty cheap and I love the looks of them because they blend in everywhere except pretty much restaurants in my opinion. My highest earner for triples and doubles is currently a vendstar 3000. Does over 250 vends a month no problems yet (knock on wood).

So back to the point is I probably wouldn't spend more money for a vendstar 6000 unless it was like 10 extra bucks. The 3000's are perfectly fine how they are. However make sure you try to buy them in good shape. All the business's where I live would reject crappy looking machines. All the ones I buy look brand spanking new or just about!

I love the looks of them because they blend in everywhere except pretty much restaurants in my opinion. 

I am not sure that it is so good for them to blend in though!! The more visible your machine is, the more likely you are going to pick up impulse sales.

I am not sure that it is so good for them to blend in though!! The more visible your machine is, the more likely you are going to pick up impulse sales.

Yeah that s true. I mean they are super easy to get into businesses though. But the candy is still pretty visible and attractive  ^_^  lol

Thanks, Guy for the info.  I was thinking/hoping they might have improved the coin mechs in the 6000 so they won't take junk metal the size of a quarter :)

Bart

Archived