What verbiage should absolutely be in a Locator Agreement?

bhfisher

What verbiage should absolutely be in a Locator Agreement?

I’m thinking of hiring an outside locator to find bulk vending locations. I want to make my own agreement that protects me.  What would you include in your perfect agreement?

Such as:

Performance and “kick-out” guarantee
Time Limits for placement
Minimum gross per machine
Handling Disputes
etc...

If you an agreement from a locator, I'd love to see how it's written. I will post the final agreement I come up with for the group.

Thanks, Bart

How about:

- VENDING COMPANY acknowledges that LOCATOR is doing a job that VENDING COMPANY is too fearful of rejection to do

- For forty bucks, LOCATOR is expected to possess and use a crystal ball or similar item that will ensure placement of VENDING UNIT in a business that will ensure VENDING COMPANY has its investment returned within 60 days. VENDING COMPANY acknowledges that normal return on investment in any other industry is at least two years - but forty bucks is forty bucks. Especially when it's VENDING COMPANY'S forty bucks.

- VENDING COMPANY reserves the right at its sole discretion to hound and harass LOCATOR, including but not limited to postings online, should VENDING UNIT not be placed in the absolutely perfect location in the least amount of time possible

- VENDING COMPANY requires that LOCATOR understand the sheer magnitude of the forty bucks that LOCATOR received, and act accordingly at all times

- VENDING COMPANY may mislead VENDING COMPANY and others by saying they're "too busy" or "too important" to perform LOCATOR'S function, despite the fact VENDING COMPANY is actually just unhappy doing LOCATOR'S job 

- VENDING COMPANY acknowledges that should LOCATOR do a good job, VENDING COMPANY may reward LOCATOR with yet another forty bucks, thereby starting the process over again

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Never located for anyone else.. but I've located for myself.. honestly, you guys are making out like bandits getting units located at the prices you're paying.. 

I agree that the locators are the ones that set their prices and thus the competition has driven the prices down.. so they shouldn't take on jobs they can't fulfill... but at some point you have to look at it as the cost of doing business..

If a locator places 10 units, and after a year you've still got 5 or 6 of the spots and you've made your money back - that's excellent ROI by any standards.

Except yours.

To be honest it dosent matter what verbiage you use because locators wont honor it anyway. Locator agreements are meaningless. The best way to proceed with them is 1) look for reviews by other vendors 2) proceed with a small order to see if they come through. Dont pay up-front or if you do use a credit card and know your time limits for disputes.

How about:

- VENDING COMPANY acknowledges that LOCATOR is doing a job that VENDING COMPANY is too fearful of rejection to do

- For forty bucks, LOCATOR is expected to possess and use a crystal ball or similar item that will ensure placement of VENDING UNIT in a business that will ensure VENDING COMPANY has its investment returned within 60 days. VENDING COMPANY acknowledges that normal return on investment in any other industry is at least two years - but forty bucks is forty bucks. Especially when it's VENDING COMPANY'S forty bucks.

- VENDING COMPANY reserves the right at its sole discretion to hound and harass LOCATOR, including but not limited to postings online, should VENDING UNIT not be placed in the absolutely perfect location in the least amount of time possible

- VENDING COMPANY requires that LOCATOR understand the sheer magnitude of the forty bucks that LOCATOR received, and act accordingly at all times

- VENDING COMPANY may mislead VENDING COMPANY and others by saying they're "too busy" or "too important" to perform LOCATOR'S function, despite the fact VENDING COMPANY is actually just unhappy doing LOCATOR'S job 

- VENDING COMPANY acknowledges that should LOCATOR do a good job, VENDING COMPANY may reward LOCATOR with yet another forty bucks, thereby starting the process over again

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Never located for anyone else.. but I've located for myself.. honestly, you guys are making out like bandits getting units located at the prices you're paying.. 

I agree that the locators are the ones that set their prices and thus the competition has driven the prices down.. so they shouldn't take on jobs they can't fulfill... but at some point you have to look at it as the cost of doing business..

If a locator places 10 units, and after a year you've still got 5 or 6 of the spots and you've made your money back - that's excellent ROI by any standards.

Except yours.

If you go into business you set the terms and the price and you still dont honor it why is it the customers fault? If you went to a burger joint and they said .99 double bacon cheese burger with the works made fresh then gave you a slidder that was frozen in the middle and caused you to puck and have diarrhea at the same time would you care that it was only .99 ? NO you would not !!! if you advertise a service and offer warranties you'd better follow through not every vendor is gonna take being screwed over laying down. And not all locators offer warranties and or offer locations for less than 50 bucks 

If you go into business you set the terms and the price and you still dont honor it why is it the customers fault? If you went to a burger joint and they said .99 double bacon cheese burger with the works made fresh then gave you a slidder that was frozen in the middle and caused you to puck and have diarrhea at the same time would you care that it was only .99 ? NO you would not !!! if you advertise a service and offer warranties you'd better follow through not every vendor is gonna take being screwed over laying down. And not all locators offer warranties and or offer locations for less than 50 bucks 

I know my post was lengthy, but if you had read it all you'd see I have a paragraph that agrees.

Thank you, though.

Archived