New machine

desert_gold_hound

I like to be different. I don't like things the same as everyone else. I like to be set apart. So the other day I purchased an M&M vending machine of ebay. The owner has 3 more of them that I can get if I like what I see when this one arives. I hope its not a POS. If it is live and learn. I know I can only realy put m&m's or penut m&m's in it but I can live with that. I just hope I can find parts for this. I already have stands for all of them (was given when a few extras with my triples).

Here is the link to the auction. Man I need to change my e-bay name as I sold this corp. 2 years ago. The guy whent broke becouse he didn't know how to run a buisness.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150261696109&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=005

Tell me what you all think.

Personally, I think the machine looks cute. Looks like you didn't pay too much so you won't go too far wrong. Plus peanut M&M are a staple.

The downside that I see is all the plastic. If it cracks or gets damaged that would be a heart-breaker.

Best of Luck, Beth

I think you can make a go of this. People seem to love PMM, and like seewtgypsy said, you didn't pay very much for it.

I could see it on a counter somewhere in a very secure location--maybe near the cash register at a deli or a locally-owned coffee house?

Let us know what you do with it.

This looks like it is made by Candy King.  I had some machines that were made the same way with similar materials.

They were crap.  They would break at the glued seams.  Getting the quarters out of the coinbox was a nightmare.  You can't just scoop them out like with a NW, and you can't just pour them out like with an Oak.  You have to pick them up off the bottom of the coinbox one by one.

$50 for one of these is way too much.  Try asking for $5.00.

This looks like it is made by Candy King.  I had some machines that were made the same way with similar materials.

They were crap.  They would break at the glued seams.  Getting the quarters out of the coinbox was a nightmare.  You can't just scoop them out like with a NW, and you can't just pour them out like with an Oak.  You have to pick them up off the bottom of the coinbox one by one.

$50 for one of these is way too much.  Try asking for $5.00.

They did come with a couple of boxes in the coin area but they don't seem to be good for anything so yea you have to pick them out. I have made cardbord boxes that fit better and catch the coins. One thing I did notice with them is on items like nuts, and small candy it allows some to fall into the coin box. I took some paper and wraped around the drop down area and that fixed that.

I don't regreat getting them becouse the stands seem to be of good quality. I will have to rethread one but I have everything needed for that.

Thanks for the help all.