Honor Boxes

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am leaning more and more towards pop and snack machines since the shrinkage is much lower. I don't have much money to invest in full line machines if that is the route I take so I will have to save up for a couple of months. I also considered mechanical machines but it seems to make more sense to get the bigger full line machines.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been looking into this myself and haven't started yet because I'm currently working on getting a business license as required by my state. I have spoken to a locating company for charity sponsored honor boxes in retail locations who's referrals sound credible and are doing well.  They have 100-200 unit routes.  Sounds like those involve actively relocating boxes in retail locations that aren't performing as well, and also moving them around with seasonal business' can be involved.  I've also seen some of those boxes up for sale from those who I imagine don't do as well.

Here are some links to both charity box .25 C candy vending with cheap supplies to get started and try it out.  And employee honor snack boxes

Charity sponsored honor box training and supplies

http://honorboxes.com/

Employee Honor Box Business plan, training, and excel tracking sheets. Also supplies the boxes:

http://vendinghut.com/honor-box-vending.html

Employee Honor box training and other vending training. Some free at their site.

http://vendinghut.com/honor-box-vending.html

A tip for those with mechanical soda/snack machines that I found from a vendor selling on ebay is he uses these honor boxes to boost his overall business. (Ebay seller id: a3vending offered this tip in his snack box listing:

"Add this to your already vending locations. I find that if I add these boxes on top my soda machines or event near my snack machines I generate more income from not just the honor box itself but the other machines. Basically I will put bulk mixed and bite sized candy items for $0.25 in these while regular machines are vending full product."

• 1 month later...

I can tell you one thing I know for sure if you put them in teacher lounges they will get USED. I work as part time custodian and see it. A 70 item box emptys in like 2-3 weeks at a small elementary school of around 20 employees. I know the guy always says it was short but they still keep it so it must not be that bad. I know there are like 2-3 people that everytime it fills they take stuff and put IOU's in the money box  LOL not sure if he ever collects but my bet is they never pay. They are the young teachers :(

I have a few in elementary schools where I have soda machines located as well as a few small table top snack machines and they do veryyyyyy well with little theft as compared to other locations of them. the best part to the elementary schools if you already have drink machines in them as i do the honor boxes don't need a charity.

Cool, I am thinking about getting some at my schools and my wife teaches in Oh. and they don't have them there she says. Some of the schools I worked at had them and some didn't but I know the teachers which are mostly female love to snack on stuff all day long  LOL. Do you get boxes already filled or do you buy the boxes and then get the snacks seperate. How many honors do you have.