What is the best software apps to use for bulk vending?

Safari

A good software apps for a tablet could definitely speed the processes up in any location? Faster service, bigger business, and accurate information. Please indicate price, size of apps and where to get it.

Numbers for you Iphone!! by far the best thing ever for any vending operator..

I am so hooked on it...it is cloud based so when any of my collectors or service people key in info it automatically updates to my phone...I can see the locations time when they where there in real time...also with iphone i can track them when i want ..

Its really like the aps for iphone (or other ones too i guess) where created for vending operators!  you got google maps ap that replaces the gps with voice through your bluetooth for turn by turn, as well as creating your routes on google maps..take photos of your equipment and save them to a map automatically so you can look at map and have dots all over it and then just hit dot and see your equipment in that location.

with numbers you need to create your own spreadsheets though, but that is simple stuff for bulk or cranes..simple like.... =(c2-d2+e2-f2)/4 .... stuff..simple formulas like that.. your c and  e columns will have the new counters and d and f would have last time readings with formula in those cells being ....=c1 and +e1... and that of course would bring down diagonally last times counter readings.

my cranes all have a number and each have their own spreadsheet, route guy just dates and keys in new numbers on counters..it then calculates commission and product costs etc..as soon as they close spreadsheet it updates to my phone..

It is only cloud based ap that is in real time and lets you manipulate spreadsheet even without data connection.. it costs 10 bucks and of course there are the free cloud services like google drive and docs but they will not let you manipulate data without data connection..a must for routes like mine where i might be in bad cell reception area servicing a machine in some podunk town.

ron

I like numbers also super nice app. I have played with it some and it works great. We upgraded every one to an I phone 5 not long ago so it would not be hard to roll it out. We use laptops now and cost 40 each a month just for the Internet. So it would really save money.

iphone 4 or 5 or ipod touch, ipad  it doesn't matter..just with say ipod touch you would have to have them periodically during day stop by somewhere with free wifi and update spreadsheet..just basically have it open and get data connection and it will do rest..

having data plan on laptops for each employee is a real waste of resources i would think,with so many places offering free wifi they can just update periodically on route,use same spot everytime as the routes are the same.. and i dont provide them with iphone unless they dont have one, most every person i know has one though..

The reason numbers in so good is it doesn't need data connection to manipulate spreadsheets, with say google drive and docs (Which is same thing and absolutely free) you cant manipulate spreadsheets without data connection as its actually on the cloud and not on device..numbers is on your device and just updates (or backs up) to the cloud and shares with other devices using that same account.

ron

Archived