Northwestern 80 series - I Need Help!

batts777

Hello, I am new to the bulk vending business. I will be vending a speciality product in 2" capsules. After a lot of research, I decided to go with Northwestern 80 series. Seemed like a quality company. I decided to order straight from them, instead of buying used, until I get a better understanding of the machines. Yesterday I finally received my first 2 machines after placing the order all the way back on July 11th and I am really having some issues. First, do they always take that long to fill orders? This was just 2 machines and 2 stands! Also, the front panel does not fully open up to collect the coin on either machine. When I tried on one of them, the whole front came off and I can't for the life of me get the hinges back on! Also, should they have included bolts to secure the machine onto the stand? I only received screws. If anyone has any advice, I would really appreciate it! I thought Northwestern was supposed to be a reputable company, but so far, I've had nothing but issues...  Thanks in advance!

Try loosening up on the screws at the bottom of the door and then retightening them after you put the door back on.

I don't know what type of stand you have, but are there holes in the stand that allow you to screw the machine in directly?

When opening the machine, it must be hanging freely over the edge of something or the door will not open enough to get the money out

Thanks, I will try loosening the screws, that makes sense! I have the cast iron stand, and yeah, there are a lot of holes to put the screws in, but the screws just slide in and out. I haven't been able to actually screw them in. I can pull them right out. That's why I was wondering if they forgot to give me bolts. Figured maybe they did because they also sent me the wrong price sticker.

The front door doesn't swing all the way down and yes you need to loosen the screws to put the hinges back on.  You can adjust the screws a little to get more movement in the door as well.

You don't have to loosen the hinges to get a Super 80 front panel in and out. Take the front panel in your right hand with your index finger underneath the handle, next place the 4 fingers of your left hand on the right outside of the machine where the head and base meet with your thumb inside touching the product chute. Lift the chute with your left thumb and with your right hand jiggle the hinges into position and the lip under the product chute.

Northwestern stands have holes and are pre- tapped for 1/4-20 bolts. Go down to the hardware store and buy some 1/4-20 x 3/4" bolts and some 1/4-20 nuts.

Northwestern stands have holes and are pre- tapped for 1/4-20 bolts. Go down to the hardware store and buy some 1/4-20 x 3/4" bolts and some 1/4-20 nuts.

Grab some lock washers while you are at it.  ;-)  Never hurts to have a little insurance.

Archived