Bulk Vending -- A negative

sherlock

In bulk vending, I have yet to find a way to create a boom in earnings when cash inflow from customers may be desired...not without spending more money.

As owner of most any other type of business I could do the following things to generate some quick income with only a little (if any) cash outlay: 

• Having a Sale: Putting the right merchandise on sale or offering free shipping would prompt customers to buy now.
  • Email Advertising: Sending advertisements or coupons via email can generate cash flow.
  • Co-op Discounts: My business joins another business with a similar customer base and we offer discounts to each others clients/customers for a limited time.
  • Extend business hours. A store could close later during holidays, a food truck could stay out for longer periods, etc, etc

These are all some form of marketing and my experience outside of vending has shown me they often work.

Wouldn't it be nice if a bulk vendor could jump-start sales using current inventory/equipment/locations via some type of free marketing?

The extra income generated with so little cost could provide the cash needed to take advantage of a deal on product, a route, or equipment in order to expand more quickly without incurring debt.

Every business has it's pros and cons.  Some poor schmuck is now sitting in his retail business dealing directly with the public looking at somebody's vending machines and wishing he could do that.  ;-)

Vending is a fairly passive way of retailing product to the public so our options aren't as wide.

Bulk vending is a whole different animal. Its a business in which its success in a large way is directly related to the success of the host locations. Its true there is no way to directly promote a sales boost to generate some quick income in bulk vending, however, if your location does a promotion that brings in more people, you usually benefit be getting more sales and the promotion didnt cost the operator a thing.

I guess a vendor could run a 2 for 1 sale on gumballs with one of those wheels that vend 2 at a time.

That's actually not a bad idea! if you had a 2 for 1 sign it might make people look twice, boost some sales. might be a good way to generate some extra business in a slower location and move out the product before it gets sales.  I'm not sure if I can set my beaver machine to vend two though..Actually if you flip the wheel it might..brb got some messing around to do haha.

Archived