Per Head Revenue Capsule vs. Candy

casey259

As I look into vending 1" toys, for those who have had exposure both to candy and capsule which one provides higher per head revenue on average? Percentages would be nice if you don't feel like disclosing actual revenue figures. Thanks for any information on this it is definitely greatly appreciated!

By revenue, are you referring to gross (total) or net (profit)?

The focus should be on net.

If it's gross we are discussing, it can be a little tricky because you typically net more per-vend on toys than you do candy.

In other words, if I'm netting .17 per vend on my toys and only .10 per vend on my candy, then that should play a part in how we look at per-head numbers.

If we look at both the per-head numbers and the profit-margins, a head selling candy may gross more than the head next to it selling toys, but the head selling toys is giving you a higher amount of profit.

We would not notice this if all we focus on is per-head gross.

This has all been discussed before, but I like when this topic comes up because every one seems to explain things differently and/or each vendor takes a slightly different approach to it.

So, it's always a learning experience for me to read these.

Hopefully, others will jump in.

By revenue, are you referring to gross (total) or net (profit)?

The focus should be on net.

If it's gross we are discussing, it can be a little tricky because you typically net more per-vend on toys than you do candy.

In other words, if I'm netting .17 per vend on my toys and only .10 per vend on my candy, then that should play a part in how we look at per-head numbers.

If we look at both the per-head numbers and the profit-margins, a head selling candy may gross more than the head next to it selling toys, but the head selling toys is giving you a higher amount of profit.

We would not notice this if all we focus on is per-head gross.

This has all been discussed before, but I like when this topic comes up because every one seems to explain things differently and/or each vendor takes a slightly different approach to it.

So, it's always a learning experience for me to read these.

Hopefully, others will jump in.

Thanks Sherlock and I tried my best to find something comparable already done. In forums I hate to be dinged when something has already been done essentially beating a dead horse. I need to refine the question here as I was after both top line gross and bottom line net profit, should've put that originally.

Archived