Dutchie living in Ukraine

kneitzke

I came to this country 4 yours ago as a missionary helping locals with small start-ups. Now I have to provide for my own family (alltough my wife runs an excellent weddingshop and life is very convenient for me).

So, yes I am new in this scene and buying my first candy bulk machine gives me a head-ache (it will be a xyz-pro tripple made in China, ordered in China and delivered from China).

The country can be compared with Mexico; bad roads, some very rich people but life is getting better for most people every year. Little crime, close to Europe and booming economy.

Why I want to start vending: I read Vending in a box, I am a foreigner who speaks 60% of the language but no one would hire me for that achievement, and most of all; heck, not a single gumball machine.

Which leads me to the problems I a facing: ordering machines from China, like I mentioned. But also: there is no gumball producer who sells to Ukraine in the moment. And i guess they are not interested to ship 2 boxes a month from the States...So, I will use lcoal sunflowerseeds, not sexy, but very popular. Also some imported copy M&M's and some other local disgusting candy (to me).

Welcome to the forum Kris!

You've got a well-thought out plan for your business already, especially in what you are going to use in your machines. Plus, you have the opportunity to be the first vendor in the Ukraine. Very cool!

Once you've made 20 posts you will be able to access the Members Plus section, which has all kinds of great stuff about vending--e-books, spreadsheets, articles, everything you need to help you in your business., and it's all free.

The Vending 101 tab also has good infomation you can use right now.

This is a very friendly, helpful site. People here are ready to answer all of your questions and help in any way they can.

Again, welcome.

Barb

Thankx Barb for the great welcome. I am very happy to have found this forum (through Wikipedia) and the reason I joined you (and not Yahoo) is that people are more open to help. I like that most of the responses are written in a positive way and not to put someone down like in most Forums. I already got some great replies from some of you which will help me very much!

Welcome to VENDiscuss.com Kris. We are glad you have joined our vending community. You will soon find out that the members here are very helpful with all your questions.

Why are there no vending machines in your country? Do they sell products like these in a different way? Is candy and gum a popular item for kids?

Again, welcome.

Gary

About three years ago the first coffee vending machines came and they are soooo popular. Coke doesn't have any vending machines because the price of a can Coke is about the same price as 33 oz bottle (USD 50 cents).

Kids love candy like everywhere else. But M&M's are a luxury product. A small bag in the supermarket sells for 3 USD, made in Austria. Ridiculous price strategy.

I will order my first machine directly from China (manufacturer for 1800's and XYZ)because of different coin size. I will sell what people can afford: roasted, salted, sunflowerseeds in a hull for 10 cents per quantity. That is not much income, but with an average salary of 300 USD, this is what they can afford. Living for me, wife and kid costs 150 USD a month.

Each year salaries are increasing and I expect sales to increase the same way.

I also will sell a local kind of jelly beans, pumpkinseeds and other funny stuff which I would never take myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Not very interesting update: got a great deal with Zenjet, chinese producer of machines. Ordered one-head and tripple on stands for 125 USD. BUT shipping costs 350 USD....next time it has to be a container to make this profitable...

They will arrive in about a month. Can't wait to test them!

• 4 months later...

Well, the two machines i bought are great. But ever since they arrived the local currency in ukraine dropped about 50%. No good time to start a 5 cent business (that is the ammount of currency my machines accept...and it is hard to find candy for that money AND make a decent proffit.