Would it be possible to use a different brand coin mech?

ahha

Such a problem with that xyz machine. I already got a brand new mech they sent me. And Have about the same problem with it.

Was wondering if I could just use a coin mechanism from a brand I like that is more reliable instead of getting rid of the whole machine?

May not be the mech, might be the location personnel.

And considering you are have the same problem at the same location when others are using the same machine with no problems, I would go with what is different like location maybe.

what does the location have to do with it? 

May not be the mech, might be the location personnel.

And considering you are have the same problem at the same location when others are using the same machine with no problems, I would go with what is different like location maybe.

You might have to mention to them that if problems persist you will have to remove the machine. I had a similar problem where someone thought the could put tape on a quarter to get it back. I found tape gumming up the coin mech and two quarters wrapped with tape. It was only on the reeces slot which was the front desk girls favorite candy. I let her know if we continued to have problems that I would have to pull the machine. She promised to spread the word and no problems since.

OK I will say I have 2 unknown maker triples, one m&m unknown maker, and one A&A globle (northwestern 60 clone). I can interchange the mec's. The 60's needs a couple of parts taken off and replaced with parts of the other machines but this is simply a screw off screw on. So yes in some cases its posible. It may take work or it may not work at all.

I don't know that this is as direct as you are looking for but its the best answere I can give at this time.

EDIT: I acutaly have 4 triples but only two ready to go. I said 3 but have changed that to 2