How do I take the canisters and change setting wheel on a Vendstar 3000

BubbaX

How do I take the canisters and change setting wheel on a Vendstar 3000

I got 1 from my boss

and it works (from what i see)

I dont know how to take the canister off so i can fill and move it around

and how do i change settings so i can set how much candy comes out.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll need to open both the top locks, as well as the back lock. Take off the top lid and back panel. Lift up the canister and put it upside down. Unscrew the one screw on the bottom and then gently pull back the tabs and gently pry the black housing from the grey canister. Now the wheel is exposed and you can adjust dispensing setting by lifting the spacer and rotating it to the desired setting. Now carefully put it back together, put canister back into machine and test a couple of times to insure it's put together correctly. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't vend 1" gumballs with a candy wheel. You could sell chickle gum or mini gumballs, but not the large ones. You need a gumball wheel for that and they're rare to find for vend star. You may have to play around to figure out which setting, but i vend about 10 mike and Ike's or hot tamales, 7 pmm, 13 plain m&ms, 13 skittles, 10 Runts

I'm not sure of the exact numbers right off of the top of my head. I start at a nearly closed setting and move about 3 or 4 notches back for smaller candies like skittles and plain m&ms and about 5 or 6 notches for bigger candies like pmm, mike and Ike's and hot tamales. You'll have to test them to insure the settings are vending your desired amount.

Well i only got 1 machine

and its in a family restraunt/bar

il get a gumball / capsuel vending machine soon

and when i make a nice profit form these

my boss is letting me put a Claw machine at our restraunt (aka major sales)

You should have more than one location if you're going to vend toys. The reason is because each servicing (each month or every other month) you need to rotate toys. The kids will get tired of the same stuff and your sales will drop off eventually. Having numerous locations allows you to try all of the toys at each location for maximum revenue.

yeah i know but this is a small town and we get alot of business from families 

and all the other stores i went to and asked

either have gumball machines

or said

NO WE WILL NEVER HAVE THOSE IN OUR WORKPLACE

i can change out toys no problem

i can get like 850 toys for maybe what 30 bucks

and sell for more

thats no problem

its just selling is the question

can i ever sell them

No, 850 for $30 is unrealistic. They're sold in quantities of 250 or 1000 (depending on supplier) and for 250 you're looking at $18-20 a bag; which is between 7-8 cents each plus shipping and the displays. Displays cost about $1 to $3 each. So, 1" toys cost me around 12-14 cents each after expenses.

Your best bet would be to put the vend star in the bar, and get a bulk rack for the restaurant area.

Oh, and yes toys sell well for me. But when a certain product slows down in sales, it's time to put in a new product, so rotation and quality products are key.

Bouncy balls are generally cheaper than capsules. Gumballs are the cheapest item, so if you're looking for the best margin, then vend gumballs. If I were in your shoes, I'd order about 4 different bags of 1" toys from A&A Global. This way you're paying combined shipping (and 4 bags fits in a small box) shipping for one of those boxes is about $10. Also you can rotate products on a regular cycle.

It takes money to make money. New cranes start at $1800, plus shipping so you're looking at about a $200 investment to run a toy double so it's a lower risk until you know that the location is a good one and can support a crane. Some locations surprise me. Some I think will be a waste of time, but turn out to be great; but it goes the other way too. Is the restaurant a Chinese or Mexican restaurant? Those typically do good for toys.

its a family burger pizza joint

the bar is a sports bar and grill

so generally the toys and gumballs and candy would be on restraunt side (same with claw machine if i get 1)

the bar side i may do candy idk

but for sure bar nuts or something because i see nuts / peanuts ect being popular in a bar

(but i cant touch them so il have my boss do that part of the work)

The problem I've had with peanuts is that they go stale quick and some leave an oily residue on the globe. Usually peanut m&ms are the best seller in these places. Sometimes mike & Ike's do well too. Sounds like it could a good location. You'll do well with toys if many kids frequent the location and cranes can do well still even if it's not a children-oriented place if you have the right product in the machine.

The gumball wheel can be purchased on eBay, the guy that makes them does an excellent job. They vend bouncy balls as well which I use a lot of. As for the settings M&M peanut gets a 3 which gives 6-7. Mike&ike, hot tamales, and wonka runts #5. Skittles, chicle tabs, M&M chocolate, and nitwitz #6. These settings give a fair portion and will keep you profitable.

Do you make a profit from it (or did make a profit) from it

im worried about losing alot of money

if i had a claw machine id make profit

The only way you could lose money would be no sales or next to no sales a month.  Tech one quarter in the slot means you "made money" because you sold that portion for more than what you paid.  If it's a resaurant I'm sure your volume will be good enough to recoup initial costs soon and then start making real money.  No business is without initial costs man, even the gas you spend to drive to your job has to be recouped during your workday.

IM TRYing so hard to see how it gives a profit

but i thought of it as

4.5 lbs = 72 oz

72 x .25 a piece = 18

i spent 20 on the 4.5 lb bag

so im going to lose 2 dollars every time

The only way you could lose money would be no sales or next to no sales a month.  Tech one quarter in the slot means you "made money" because you sold that portion for more than what you paid.  If it's a resaurant I'm sure your volume will be good enough to recoup initial costs soon and then start making real money.  No business is without initial costs man, even the gas you spend to drive to your job has to be recouped during your workday.

i spend no money on gas because i live right next door 2 work lol

I'm not sure how you got those numbers, but hot tamales and mike and Ike's are one of the cheaper items. They cost $6.99 a bag at Costco. You wouldn't necessarily be vending a whole ounce either. The margins are great one these products, so unless you're paying way too much or vending too much; you'll make good money on them.

Oh I see now that you paid $20 for the bag and you're right, overpaying will not make you money. Don't buy your candy on eBay! Go to costco or SAMs club, etc to get product at a good price.

Archived