Northwestern Triple

T BIRD

T-Bird,

You wouldn't happen to have a complete parts listing for the Triple play do you? I have a parts list I got from them but it doesn't have the expansions and many other parts.

I do not have a parts list Outlander.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought this option for the Triple Play for locations that are very busy.  I have these Triple Plays at Macy's with hundreds of employees and hopefully tomorrow ( manager needs to make final approval tomorrow when I bring it over in the PM ) at Walmart with a few hundred employees. 

• 1 month later...

This machine is perfect at a Macy's break where I have it. I collected from there for the first time and its obvious that Mike and Ike will not wait a month before it needs product. I ordered a few of the pieces that attach and expand the area where the product is vended. I will attach one of these tomorrow to it.

• 1 month later...

The two Northwestern Triple Plays I own are on location at Macy's break room and Walmart's breakroom.  Those are two very busy spots each averaging over $50 per month.  The coin tray that comes with the machine has been a pain in the neck for me in terms of taking it out and pouring into my vending bags.  It wont work because its one long tray with these half walls built into it to separate coins per product vended.  So I took out the tray at Walmart yesterday after taking what seemed like an eternity to remove $85 worth of quarters from it.  Its very uncomfortable having a bunch of Walmart employees watching me remove money because its taking so long.  I will try simply shoveling the quarters out into a hard plastic container and then into my bag next month and see how it goes. 

At Macy's I tried something different.  I slid the tray out with $75 worth of quarters and used one of these 2 gallon baggies to put the tray into and empty.  That worked ok I guess. 

PS..........I do not mind having these types of problems. Posted Image 

Johnny:

I don't know anything about your triples plays so these ideas may not be practical but is there any way to one of the following?

1) Take out the tray and make two trays to replace it. You could make them up out of acrylic or if you do any work with wood you could make  small trays with carpenters glue and finishing nails.

2) Is there a way to attach a baggie to the coin mech with a rubber band so the coins drop directly into a bag? They you could just remove the bag and drop it into your service pouch.

Ted

• 2 months later...

I have an older one of these and it has proven to be a reliable machine for me. You can really tell that it is a higher quality machine.

I do not enjoy changing product out with it, but with the back panels which can be removed, probably for expanders, it isn't terribly difficult. The removeable slats makes it easier to change the wheel settings than I had first anticipated too.

• 6 months later...

I'm not sure many triples are worth it. I generally don't like triples for various reasons, but I'm not going into it in the review section. The Nortwestern Triple Play is a solid machine. I wouldn't pay the retail price for a new one, though. $225 is a lot to pay for 1 machine. I could put together a 3 head Beaver for less than that!

• 3 weeks later...

The Triple Play is a fine machine, but expensive brand new and is also very heavy.  Before buying a new Triple Play, get a quote for three single NW 60's, one pipe stand and one triple head bracket.  You may find that the prices are very close between the two setups.  If so, I would rather have the three single heads for flexibility down the road.  I lost three triple head NW60 locations and they were are broken down into double heads for break rooms.  If you can get them cheap, then go for it if you have a need for a triple.  But they are hard to find used and cheap, since NW is not a biz-op.

Jax 

• 1 month later...

Reviving this topic to talk about mixing a machine. I need to repair one of the NW triples I bought. I was retarded and did not check the coin mechs, they lied and said everything worked. The middle coin mech is broken, but I can not figure out how to get it out. Infact, I have not found a way to remove the white plastic piece that holds the wheels. I can remove the screws, but there are little extensions from the back that hold the dividers and they get in the way of lifting the white plastic piece out. I do not know wether this mech can be fixed if I can remove it, or if I will need to purchase a new one.

I disassembled the machine, almost entirely, and pulled out on the handle and sprayed some lubricant. Now it turns easier than the other handles, though it also turns just a tiny bit farther without a coin in the slot. I find that strange, but it seems to be working well. I like that these are built so sturdy, however I like the 1800 better because being able to change out canister is a HUGE advantage when trying to optimize product to improve locations. This machine has a place, primarily in places where you would want tank-like durability. I use them for break rooms where mechanics work.

• 3 weeks later...

Couple tips on collections and service.

1. Try to hit breakrooms and businesses during off hours. Retailers can be tough because of rotating shifts but staying away at lunch time, dinner time helps.

2. Use a second NW plastic tray for collections. Take the one full of quarters out of the machine, place into a cardboard box or bag and replace with a new empty tray. The sound of change being dumped makes the ears of criminals perk up. You can also just remove the tray via box etc to another location i.e. your van or somewhere outside the breakroom, remove the coins and return the tray.

I love NW products across the board. I do wish they had the canister systems we are now seeing everywhere but at the end of the day they are still the best.