would this be worth it?

Richard

I have a Restaurant spot, with a triple play machine with 3 toys at 25cent& double head with gumball&skittles charity machines, I ask the owner could I put a rack in, he won't 50 percent on rack, I was thinking of putting a 6way with 3-1" toy @50cent and 3candy heads on bottom & 4 column tattoo @ 50cent.

Thanks in advance.

50% is way too much!  You're better off to just keep the five heads at charity, unless you blew that with the commission pitch.  Besides, with a 6 way, you'd only be gaining one selection, so I'd recommend raising the toy prices on your triple to 50 cents.  I have a Chinese restaurant location like what you're describing and I could probably upgrade to a rack and the owner wouldn't care or wouldn't require a commission, but I don't feel that I need to install a rack because the NWTP and 1800 do the job.

Your both are right, I thought the same thing. I spoke to soon on this, How do you go about it when you have a place that look like potential without putting your foot in your mouth? I guess it just like rolling dice.The only reason I offer commission rack, I was thinking another bulk operator might offer before me. If I would have known he wanted 50 percent, I wouldn't never offer it, I tried to negotiate percent, but he keep telling me another operator paying him 50 percent,in his other restaurant. At this point I will ride it out to he say something. I don't know how a operator can pay 50 percent and make money.

Your both are right, I thought the same thing. I spoke to soon on this, How do you go about it when you have a place that look like potential without putting your foot in your mouth? I guess it just like rolling dice.The only reason I offer commission rack, I was thinking another bulk operator might offer before me. If I would have known he wanted 50 percent, I wouldn't never offer it, I tried to negotiate percent, but he keep telling me another operator paying him 50 percent,in his other restaurant. At this point I will ride it out to he say something. I don't know how a operator can pay 50 percent and make money.

I have a Mexican restaurant that the owner has about 5 different restaurants and I was told the same.  He said he's paid 40% at his other locations, but somehow I was able to convince him to accept 25%...which was where I started.  he didn't negotiate with me; and to be honest, I've never had a client negotiate commission.  They've either said they're not interested or they accept the offer.  Maybe that's a perk of being young? B)  I wouldn't recommend lying to him; I'd just be very friendly, but to the point.  Ask him to give you a chance and point out that you've done a good job with your machines there so far.  Tell him you'll bring in some high quality, attractive machines that will spruce up the place!  I'd even suggest asking him if you can try the rack and sticker for one month and see if his commission amount is comparable to what he receives at the other location.  Hey, it's worth a try!  Good luck!

Archived