Charities may be more important than you think.

Firetad4

Well I had to witness an unknown vendors soon to be bad news the other day. I'm a firefighter on a dept. w/ 12 stations there are probably 5 of those w/ 3 head machines that do extremely well. In a recent meeting it was discussed that there was a new owner and he wasn't going to be supporting the charity that was on the machines. Since appearantly that was a favorable point of keeping the machines it won't be long before they will be removed and the union will place our own for union funds. So in conclusion Some people may actually care about the charity we are supporting and if you buy an existing route be careful what you say or decide to change. Anyways just thought this would may be benificial for somebody. 

I do not use a charity as of yet we have thought of it all my machines pay nothing to charity and no commission

I do not feel like a charity sticker would effect my purchasing decision if I was using a machine like mine

however I do think it may help me get better locations problem is finding a good local charity I like Make a Wish they have a Northeast Ohio chapter but they do not have a vendor outreach program due to many calls complaining about dirty machines

I have thought about Salvation Army they helped me when I was down and the money would go county

any thoughts would be appreciated

Well, if I understand it we can simply pick any charity group in our area and set up an agreement to donate a percentage of the $$$ from the machine in order to save on the cost of rental space. Well we still pay but we also get to write it off on our taxes.

Am I understanding this?

My personal thoughts on charity are. Pick one that you believe in the cause. This will help motivate you when locating not only are you tying to make a buck but in the process you are giving to something that you believe in and I'm sure the charity will appreciate it.

Second a local charity that has an all volunteer structure will benifit more from your donation then a national charity that has large corporate administration structure (even though they are more likely to be set-up for vending charity deals).

Third what ever charity you decide on please honour the deal. I know a vendor who has over 500 heads all sporting a charity badge that gives less than $500.00 a year to the chosen charity. (shame on him) I personally support the local food bank and had a litlle of a hard time in convincing the director I was for real. For years they too have been scammed by many different vendors, his recollection was of many there was only one vendor that ever fully honoured the deal.