Route Value

bayouvending

I was wondering what yall would pay for this route? Its right in an area I already have a decent amount of machines in and would fill some gaps. The only negative of the route is that they are vendstars.

22 charity locations

Total gross sales from the last 6 years combined was $25,817 net was $12,149

He says he has them dispensing wide open so I should be able to raise the gross some but cutting down on vend amounts.

He has 17 extra machines and a ton of parts that I dont really want but he will sell seperate.

What would yall pay for the route or the route and equipment combined?

There's no way he's netting 100% profit (double) with wide open vend settings!  That's a major red flag to me... :blink:  Since these machines have been on location for 6 years, "choking down" the vend settings will likely hurt your sales to the regulars who are used to the overly generous vend portions.  It could even cause you to lose locations because of it.  In order to make any real money, you'd have to get those setting down to a feasible amount and pay the right price for the route.  My idea of the right price would be $50 per machine on location because there's too many red flags here.  If you do buy it, I would suggest having a machine ready to go at each location to replace the Vendstar.  This way the clients/customers will not see you reducing the vend settings and you can introduce yourself as the new operator and you need to "work on" the old machines.

He says they are pretty open whatever that means. I know where one is the location is a resturant that my sister works at I guess I need her to buy one from each selection and tell me the vend amounts lol.

I offered the guy $1350 for the ones on location which is $61 a location he stopped writing me back after the offer. He was asking $3000 for them with the extras and $2700 just for the ones on location. I have a few vendstars I first bought that im trying to phase out already so im not big on getting 22 more but I was hoping to buy them and see what needs to be upraded and what locations need a different triple or to be downgraded. I was just trying to see if i lowballed him bad so wanted some other opinions.

Im sure those vendstars arent in the best shape after being out for six years.

He says they are pretty open whatever that means. I know where one is the location is a resturant that my sister works at I guess I need her to buy one from each selection and tell me the vend amounts lol.

I offered the guy $1350 for the ones on location which is $61 a location he stopped writing me back after the offer. He was asking $3000 for them with the extras and $2700 just for the ones on location. I have a few vendstars I first bought that im trying to phase out already so im not big on getting 22 more but I was hoping to buy them and see what needs to be upraded and what locations need a different triple or to be downgraded. I was just trying to see if i lowballed him bad so wanted some other opinions.

Im sure those vendstars arent in the best shape after being out for six years.

He probably got ripped off in some biz op when he bought them, so your fair offer of $1350 probably sounded low to him compared to the amount he "invested."  I've paid between $40-50 per Vendstar on location (with some candy and coins in the machines) when I've bought them out.  I've even bought a couple SuperPro triples for about the same price on location.  You're probably right; they probably need some TLC after the years.

2 things to consider:

Sit tight and hell probably email you back when he cant sell them or email him again after a few weeks, he may change his tune then.

Ive done this many times. in the process right now negotiating a 10 machine route mixed in amongst my others

Also how bad do you want to buy out the competition? prevent someone else trying their hand at it if he does manage to sell it.

I have paid up to $50 for a few locs here and there just to take out the competition.

change a candy and spruce up the machine and they turn out to be pretty good locs.

Archived