The new oak vista base invented by one of our own

havending

I like the oak vista cabinet style machine it's the perfect style for operators. I use the pm supreme a lot which is nearly the same machine. But dumping takes too much time. So I got to looking at the new oak base that allows you to scoop or rake out the quarters. I have to admit I like it a lot. It's a very creative way to design the machine. I remember reading here before that some of you all like it also. While googling it to try and find out the added cost if any I came across something very interesting. It's was designed by and the patented is held by one of our members. Frank Parisi is listed as the inventor and holds the patent to the easy to use base. With all of research on here how did we miss that. Oak is one the best machines now it's a little better.

I havent got any of the new oaks with this feature but i have many of the northwestern 60's with this identical feature, How can it be patented if Northwestern was already doing it?  just curious as there is a patented feature on a competing machine to mine that i would like to produce, but i have talked to other guys building pushers that tried to copy it and a patent troll from Texas rang their phone immediately!

years ago i almost got taken from a patent lawyer wanting to patent a idea I had..He wanted me settle for a "design patent"(which i hear is useless) instead of the good "utility patent" on the design..I did some research and didn't pursue it any further but really had nobody other than patent forums etc. to research it before i made a decision.  Some guys (dont know if they knew everything ,just knew more than me on the subject) said the design patent would be good for me to keep someone from just copying it and running with it and then come back and shut me down for copying them! saying it was protection for me to keep making it even though it was my design etc.. because it didn't qualify for a utility patent. May have been bull but i kept my money.

im no expert or even know what a patent can protect these days with china knockoffs so prevalent everywhere. But i would like to know what i could do to legally make a "similar" option on my games to the patent in question.

c

There have been a few vending ideas that I have had I would like to develop and patten. But with out testing them who knows if their would be a demand. I may try some new oaks with the newer feature I hope they have some great deals at the spring show.

Archived