Side-mount a Northwestern to my A&A advance?

ReillyNoFun

Hey everyone - I'm pulling a NW super 60 out of a coffee shop location tomorrow to prepare for an event I'll need it for at the end of the month. I've just got my first A&A advance machine (4 column) from CL for this event too and am super excited to get it ready to place. My (rookie) question is this - Is it advisable to try to mount the NW60 to the side of the A&A machine?

I've read through about 85 pages of topics in this forum the last few days looking for an answer to this question - but so far with no luck... My girlfriend has unhappily fallen asleep beside me here :wacko:

I don't have a stand for the Northwestern right now and won't have a lot of floor space at this event, so am looking for the best option at racking the two of them together. I see a handful of you say you've bolted the 60s into the top panel, but since I already have a wall-mounting bracket for it I thought I could use that to attach it to the side (I've got a sign I was hoping to mount on top of the advance instead)
My main concern is the side wall of the A&A cabinet warping out because of the weight - however the cabinet seems to be built very solid and I don't plan on vending heavy product in the NW60.

Has anyone tried this? I'm not too worried in the long run about having a few holes in the cabinet, just don't want to damage the whole thing because I didn't ask someone with more experience than myself (all of you).

post-8013-0-59393600-1386748306_thumb.jpg

post-8013-0-93106600-1386748318_thumb.jpg

I have a few setups similar to what you are describing but I have one on each side to balance it out and to offer 2 selections.  No reason for it not to work unless you are vending lead out of the NW 60.  They aren't that heavy.

Thanks a ton mjacks - exactly what I was hoping to hear. I don't think balance will be too huge an issue for the 1 night event. I've been looking for a stand for the NW anyways for continued regular use.
I just received my first box from A&A with folders + locks. Installing locks now and then I guess I'll drill out a spot on it. Maybe I'll try and post a photo of my finished rig once I've got it all bolted down + ready to place if anyone is interested.

Hey everyone - I'm pulling a NW super 60 out of a coffee shop location tomorrow to prepare for an event I'll need it for at the end of the month. I've just got my first A&A advance machine (4 column) from CL for this event too and am super excited to get it ready to place. My (rookie) question is this - Is it advisable to try to mount the NW60 to the side of the A&A machine?

I've read through about 85 pages of topics in this forum the last few days looking for an answer to this question - but so far with no luck... My girlfriend has unhappily fallen asleep beside me here :wacko:

I don't have a stand for the Northwestern right now and won't have a lot of floor space at this event, so am looking for the best option at racking the two of them together. I see a handful of you say you've bolted the 60s into the top panel, but since I already have a wall-mounting bracket for it I thought I could use that to attach it to the side (I've got a sign I was hoping to mount on top of the advance instead)

My main concern is the side wall of the A&A cabinet warping out because of the weight - however the cabinet seems to be built very solid and I don't plan on vending heavy product in the NW60.

Has anyone tried this? I'm not too worried in the long run about having a few holes in the cabinet, just don't want to damage the whole thing because I didn't ask someone with more experience than myself (all of you).

attachicon.gifIMG_3530.jpg

attachicon.gifvendabuttonmachine.jpg

I got about 20 like that.  You should have no problems.  I use flat 90 degree brackets that are about 6 1/2" long to support the machine and about 3 1/2" on the side that mounts to the sticker machine.  I use 3-1/4" bolts.  I also have about 6 that have the NW60 mounted on top.

Thanks again for your advice mjacks and hillbilly, I think I used the same bracket. I drilled out holes in the cabinet this afternoon - broke one bit and took a little while longer to get through than expected but I'm really happy with the turnout. You guys were right, it is very sturdy.
And what do you know - the lightbox sign I have is the same length as the whole new unit + 6" wide, meaning it will mount to the top (somehow?) leaving the locks still accessible. Love it when things work out like that. Here's a photo of what I've got now.

post-8013-0-26848400-1386805209_thumb.jpg

Pulled $42 out of the NW from that cafe before mounting it too. Super psyched!

Not a wise thing to do ?//  I mean letting your girlfriend unhappily sleeping beside you.

Why don't you take a 1x8 and fasten it to the underneath of you sticker machine then attach the other machine to it. No holes to deal with and would look better IMPO.

Not a wise thing to do ?//  I mean letting your girlfriend unhappily sleeping beside you.

Why don't you take a 1x8 and fasten it to the underneath of you sticker machine then attach the other machine to it. No holes to deal with and would look better IMPO.

I had thought about doing something like that and attaching from the bottom, would have looked cool. but I had no 1x8 or alternate material, so went with the bracket because that's what I had on hand. no holes would have been nice though.

Archived