do you socialize or avoid as much as possible

lbizzell78

i speak to who i need to speak to when servicing and keep convesation minimal . people get curious and that make trouble. i say hello smile let them know i here to service and leave . may not be the best method what do you do?i mean i friendly and all but not too talkative. i offer samples if they are near me when i service you know give them a quarter to get in the habbit of use. then again after time i probally would be more sociable after all i am fairly green at this so for now . quiet and friendly works for me . just  wanted to hear how yall do this.

I have good customer relations with all my accounts. If they're busy, I say hello, service the machine and leave. If they're not busy, I will strike up a breif conversation. I look at it as being good customer service. Being freindly and curtious sticks in peoples minds and could lead to more accounts.

I have good customer relations with all my accounts. If they're busy, I say hello, service the machine and leave. If they're not busy, I will strike up a breif conversation. I look at it as being good customer service. Being freindly and curtious sticks in peoples minds and could lead to more accounts.

Agreed 100%

David

I have some accounts where the service takes five minutes and the conversation lasts for 30! In one location I brought the receptionist a gift of baby bibs ($6 at target) after she had her baby. She gave me 2 good locations of people she knew. Other locations have provided me with either good leads or information about other vending companies. I think socializing, like networking, pays off.

Philo

I agree with Philo 100%; the more people you speak with the more locations you might get for the future and they will  put a face to the machine so to speak. They might also give you valuable info. You don't need to spend a lot of time. The small cheap gifts are priceless.

Jim

Think about it this way, if you were that person would you want to be talked to?  I have some locations where my contact and the employees are very social and talkative, and others that are the opposite.  Even if they're very talkative I keep it polite and brief.  They understand I'm a business man and you have to still put on that "busy" persona to look professional. 

I always say hello to location owners and sometimes strike up a conversation with them. By talking to the location owners I have been able to upgrade some of my locations to be able to place bulk vending racks and even drink/snack machines.

I do both depending on their mood and activity level. If it is a slow day or someone just looks like they need a smile then I give it a shot. I always say hi and usually have some kind of small talk about how their business has been over the last month. This can give you clues to why you had a good or bad month in that location I think.

Get in, Get out, Get it on home

Time is money both for you and the location owner. (staff care less)

If you are charity based there really is no need for you to contact location personnel, commission is different. This does not mean that you should not be polite or cordial but keep the talk to a minimum, you and them have other things to do.

• 4 weeks later...

Get in, Get out, Get it on home

Time is money both for you and the location owner. (staff care less)

If you are charity based there really is no need for you to contact location personnel, commission is different. This does not mean that you should not be polite or cordial but keep the talk to a minimum, you and them have other things to do.

Lol yeah thats more of my aproach. Grumpy lol you wear that name well. Though i see being social in sometime can help alot . i always smile ,say hello ,service and go!