What is a coin-counter option for NW machines ?

vendboy

I saw the "Coin-Counter" option at NW price list.  I think it was $14.  What is it?  I mean I know it counts coins,  but is it worth  it?  Has anyone used one?

It can be used by a vendor who hires someone else to collect and service.  It will tell if the person is stealing money.

I saw the "Coin-Counter" option at NW price list.  I think it was $14.  What is it?  I mean I know it counts coins,  but is it worth  it?  Has anyone used one?

It can be used by a vendor who hires someone else to collect and service.  It will tell if the person is stealing money.
Thanks for a strait anser John,  Now I understand.

Here is one that interests me.  It has 4 spots for quarters.http://www.factory-express.com/Royal_Sovereign_Fast_Sorttrade_FS4DA_Coin_Sorter_Counter-7133.htm#

Johnny,

Your goals are similar to mine...I wa discussing with my boss(wife0 that if I had 100-125 locations I should be able to hit 5 a day ..that would give me 150-200 quarters to count each nite..I can do that over a beer(or three) no machine required....a few days and I can hit the bank twice a week..

Remember I purchased that silly small machine ..what a waste..Just my humble opinion..save the 250 and buy your wife some flowers and some candy...(no not pmm's)

I hear ya Jay. I guess part of it is Commerce will not let me use their machine anymore which aggravated me and I have about $800 in quarters sitting on the table here.

I use a coin scale made by Digi.

http://www.digisystem.com/products/ind_ccs.html

I picked it up used for $120 and it is much better than using a counter if you are just doing one type of coin. Much faster than the counters.

I do use a small counter for coins from my coffee and pop/snack machines but the coin qtys are relatively small compared to the quarters that come from my bulk sales.

If you have a large volume of mixed coins, go with a commercial counter, it will save you money in the long run.

The counters that go inside your machine are there so you can compare how many coins the machine has to how many vends. As a way to tell if someone is cheating your machine. Tooth picks & stir sticks and such. At least that is what i always thought they were for.

Jinxd,

They have many uses. However the internal coin counter is best utilized as a quick way to determine how much commission to give to the location.

Taking a peek at the counter and figuring then paying commission quickly on location is the goal. Without the counter, the obvious alternative would be to count the money onsite which is time consuming when you have 30 other locations to hit that day.

Granted, some utilize other types of counters and scales. This is just one more option to help you speed your service times at commission stops.

Steve

I use a coin scale made by Digi.

http://www.digisystem.com/products/ind_ccs.html

I picked it up used for $120 and it is much better than using a counter if you are just doing one type of coin. Much faster than the counters.

I do use a small counter for coins from my coffee and pop/snack machines but the coin qtys are relatively small compared to the quarters that come from my bulk sales.

If you have a large volume of mixed coins, go with a commercial counter, it will save you money in the long run.

Outlander......I understand how the scale can accurately count piles of quarters.  But how do you deposit all of them into a bank?  In a bag somehow?  Or are they rolled and then brought to the bank?  I went to 5 different banks yesterday asking about their policy around coin deposits.  I got answers like " it has to be rolled " to  "you can sign a contract/agreement and bring bags of loose coins in".  It took me a good 1 1/2 hours to roll $750 yesterday.  Previously I had been sneaking into Commerce Bank and dumping my quarters into their coin counters under the premise that it's my personal money and not T Bird Vending.  I can't and don't want to do that anymore. 

T Bird,

I realize that each area(bank) is different.  When I collect, I count each account for my records(etc) and then I dump them into a coin bag I got from the bank.

As long as I leave the coins at the bank and they are deposited into the account they do it for me at no charge...I do not know how IF this will change as this continues to grow.   That is one reason I have planned to do a few accounts everyday and mke a coin drop once a week...

Sometimes you can get the bank to waive fee's if you have enough business at a particular bank..

n.

Outlander......I understand how the scale can accurately count piles of quarters.  But how do you deposit all of them into a bank?  In a bag somehow?  Or are they rolled and then brought to the bank?  I went to 5 different banks yesterday asking about their policy around coin deposits.  I got answers like " it has to be rolled " to  "you can sign a contract/agreement and bring bags of loose coins in".  It took me a good 1 1/2 hours to roll $750 yesterday.  Previously I had been sneaking into Commerce Bank and dumping my quarters into their coin counters under the premise that it's my personal money and not T Bird Vending.  I can't and don't want to do that anymore. 

Like Jay-son said all banks handle it differently, I bag each locations take on route and weigh at the end of the week, dump into cloth coin bag and take to bank. My bank will run them through their counter and make the deposit. They do have a charge for "excessive cash deposits" that runs me about $3 mth. Not to bad for depositing 2000-4000 quarters ea. week.

If your bank doesn't offer this service, you might check into opening an acct somewhere that does, makes life a lot easier.