Competition

alyssamma

Hello,

Just placed a machine this morning and found another machine already there. We knew this would happen (and will eventually happen to us :) ), but it felt like we were "attacking" the other vendor.

Anyway, my Q is, is there anything we should watch out for? We have standard locks...which I know can be easily opened by other vendors. Should we worry about stealing money, the machine, vandalism?

I'm hoping this is the extreme exception to the rule but want some reassurance :)

Thanks

Kevin

You never know about things like that. Most of the time I think you are ok. Just keep a close eye on product level to money ratio for a little while. You have different product then the other one correct? Some places just say yes to every charity vending that comes in the door. I got a location from a locator and when I went to place it the waiting are was full of machines. I mean four chairs and six machines, plus a full size snack machine. Three of the machines had M&M's in them which baffled me. I took an inventory of all the machines and determined that I did not carry anything that they already had so I thanked them and took a pass.

alittle healthy competion is good, We havn't had any problems with it just when they found us they asked the management who we were. If you do suspect somthing tell the management and they can keep a eye out so that they arn't messing with your machines

I have heard of some pretty underhanded stuff out there. Fortunately I have only had one problem that I suspect was from my competition. I had two seperate DI machine stands break in the same  same spot on the stand at the same location over a period of a few months. I suspect the other vendor who had a machine at that location. Fortunately I was able to repair the problem and I moved on to a new location. If it was a better location I would have figured something out but the location wasn't that great so I just pulled the machine.

David