Beverage location secured!

caserri

Got a sweet location today at a trucking terminal. Soda now and snack later. I will be installing this weekend.

Best part is ZERO commission! This is the very same machine that I had slated for another location last year but lost the location at the last minute when the owner told me he wanted 100% commission! Some of you may remember that. :D Here is the link for those of you who don't==> http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=475&forum_id=3

Wish me luck!

Steve

I typically set my prices according to how accessible drinks are in the area. If an employee can walk next door and buy a can of soda then it'll be cheaper than if they have to drive somewhere to get one.

Everything happened so quick. I've yet to canvass the area to see what is available at what price. I'm assuming I'll be able to be somewhere in the .60 to .75 range. Not bad considering I get Coca-Cola can products from my supplier for .20 each plus .05 deposit.

Those figures along with zero commission should do nicely for me.

Steve

Well I've actually been "in the ranks" for quite some time now with a few beverage accounts. If you dig around on the board you'll see a few posts about it. I've just kept it a bit quiet so don't let it get out. ;)

Steve

• 1 month later...

Just an update on this...

A few days after my original post, the location requested snack as well. The location did not merit separate drink and snack machines so I opted for a combo.

After a long and exhausting search for a reasonably priced combo, I was finally able to secure a Crane National 472 machine and finally placed the combo last night and stocked it up this morning. Wish me luck!

BTW, Does anyone know anything about these machines? I'm wondering if there is a way to adjust the temp. My DN's have a knob right in front that allows me to adjust but I can't seem to find any knobs on this machine.

Steve

Antonio,

Yes, in the absence of a commission, I am able to keep the prices on the low side and still allow for a sizable margin.

I'm thinking slightly lower prices will translate into more sales.

Steve

Steve, I have one as well,the control knob is all the way at the bottom of the machine under the door.

Theres also a drain pan under the door that has to be emptied every 3 days unless yours has been updated.Mine hasn't and I've yet to find a kit to evaporate the water out of the pan.

John