CHARITY VENDING!

dromero

Hi,

I didnt know charity vending existed. I live in Colombia and there is still no such thing here.

Can someone explain me how that works??

I am looking at this page http://www.thenccs.org/charityvend  

and they say that a person only has to pay 12 USD a year for each label he purchases. Does that mean that for each label/machine I will have to pay an average of 1 USD monthly??? Thats very little, it seems to me that this is the most profitable business model candy vendingly speaking.

Please feel free to share your experiences and with what charities have you worked and how was the agreement.

Here is how it typically works. You send $1.00 per machine, per month to your charity.  So if you have 50 machines, $50.00 per month to the charity.  So that would be $600.00 per year.  Of course it depends on the charity organization, but that is what I've found.  

Is there a benefit for business owners to allow a charity vendor rather than a commission vendor? I've been trying to figure it out, and have yet to find any really useful information.

The thing that's working in the charity vendor's favor is the amount of money we're talking about.  Once you climb above the $50/month mark there is no benefit to charity over commission.  If you want to keep the spot locked down you'd better be paying a cut.

The run of the mill $20-$30/month spot is the charity vendors wheelhouse because:

1)  They may say yes in the name of charity where they say no to the random guy not affiliated with charity.

2)  The business owner is not likely to care about 5-7 bucks a month.

3)  ...and probably most important, the serious commission vendor is less likely to come knocking.  

Charity is just another tool in the toolbox.  I find it has a limited niche for the good-but-not-great stops where more the majority of vends are coming from the employees of the business rather than public foot traffic.  

The thing that's working in the charity vendor's favor is the amount of money we're talking about. Once you climb above the $50/month mark there is no benefit to charity over commission. If you want to keep the spot locked down you'd better be paying a cut.

The run of the mill $20-$30/month spot is the charity vendors wheelhouse because:

1) They may say yes in the name of charity where they say no to the random guy not affiliated with charity.

2) The business owner is not likely to care about 5-7 bucks a month.

3) ...and probably most important, the serious commission vendor is less likely to come knocking.

Charity is just another tool in the toolbox. I find it has a limited niche for the good-but-not-great stops where more the majority of vends are coming from the employees of the business rather than public foot traffic.

I agree with Rick when it comes to charity and so, so spots. I love to see charity accounts in a potential slam dunk account. I offer my normal commission rate to them. If they mention the charity guys I just tell them the commission I give them they can use for any charity they want. This works well. Cuts out the middle man aka charity vendors.

I agree with Rick when it comes to charity and so, so spots. I love to see charity accounts in a potential slam dunk account. I offer my normal commission rate to them. If they mention the charity guys I just tell them the commission I give them they can use for any charity they want. This works well. Cuts out the middle man aka charity vendors.

That's what I do and I ephasize that once I give them the money that way they know it will go to a good cause.

Thanks for the info. I was under the impression that a location owner was able to get some kind of a tax break by allowing charity related stuff to occupy their space.

Do you find it useful to give the location owner the option of whether they would like a commission or if they would like to donate it to charity, and then give them the hard sell? 

Thanks for the info. I was under the impression that a location owner was able to get some kind of a tax break by allowing charity related stuff to occupy their space.

Do you find it useful to give the location owner the option of whether they would like a commission or if they would like to donate it to charity, and then give them the hard sell? 

No I wouldn't give them the option.  DON'T MAKE THEM THINK.  

1) Make your pitch

2) Get them to say yes - or at least wanting to hear more or look at your marketing material

3) Now let's talk about terms (machine type, product, commission, charity donation, etc)

Archived