Locating IN the mall and a charity question

guile

I was wondering how it works with vendors going INTO the mall. I was at the mall yesterday and saw a huge setup of large globe beavers (on the bottom) and long, tubular globes on the top section (not sure if those machines were also Beavers). I would say there were about 20 machines and 14 were gumballs (different flavor) while 1 was a "Runt" type candy and then a Skittles, Reces Pieces and M&M's (those machines were $.50). There were two of these setups in opposite sides of the mall. I'm assuming you just have to pay rent there?(vs commision) I couldn't find any info on contacting the vendor for service. In observiing for the 10 minutes or so I sat there, I witnessed at least 12 vends!!!

2nd question. Do you list the charity you are affiliated with on your business cards?

Thanks in advance.

I've seen a very similar setup in our mall.  Believe me, I tried to get in twice but I had to pay rent AND commission.  According to the mall owner the company pays 50% commission and almost $100 a month to rent.  Being as small as I am I wouldn't be able to do that so I threw a lowball commission and he said "no".  I'll try again in a month.  I just can't see how they make any money paying the mall so much.  I guess they make up for it in how many machines they have. 

• 2 weeks later...

Its a very tricky business working with the mall representatives and the high commissions / rent. To make it work, you have to be at a high enough traffic location in the mall or the rent eats up all your profit. It's a bit of a gamble because you normally only get one year contracts, and you may have to invest 10,000 or more for a competitive kiosk/display. If you are serious about getting into malls, I have a contact for you if you will PM me.

Thanks,

Mark

• 3 years later...

Archived