I love charts and graphs!

caserri

I absolutely love looking at charts and graphs. For me, it's an easy way to visually see, very quickly, how a location is performing. Below are a couple of charts taken directly from my Vend-Trak account. They each represent a location and you can easily see the direction of sales for each location.

I'm posting this for those who have not yet tried Vend-Trak so you can see one of the many great features. The numbers on the left represent average sales per day.

Steve

Thanks Steve,I have been thinking about how I will keep track of everything and you just steered me to vend-trak. I visited their site and I like that you can actully play around with it and see how everything works. I am going to use it for sure,by the way,I like the charts and graphs too!

Steve,

I am not sure how many locations you have...But..how long did it take you to set up the software once you installed it??

As my route grows and the cogs continues to get higher..I can see the advantage of this...But..time is a premium.  I spend way too much time in front of this computer as it is...

me too Jay...........!  like right here on Vendiscuss..........:cool:

• 6 months later...

I have a request for Jeremy.  Can you somehow add time-scale labels along the X-axis on these charts as shown by Steve so we can get a clearer picture on the graph of what the locations are doing over time?

This will enable users to spot seasonal trends quickly and get to see the actual time frame rather than having to guess and look at collection amounts which could be an extensive list for some users.

Also, this can help spot missed collections not entered into Vend-Trak!  I had to go through (and am still) an intensive exercise to go over all my paperwork since 2007 to put in all of my missed collections and it is quite the chore, I am thinking I may have been able to spot missed collections a little easier if I had that time-scale on the X-axis.

Joe,

On mine, I'm guessing on yours as well, if you hover your mouse over the graph, it will give you collection dates and amounts for each collection in a small pop up.

I'm not sure if you were aware of this but having the dates posted at the bottom would be nice as well.

Steve

Interestingly I was not aware, given how much time I have spent lately putting missing data into Vendtrak!  :)  This is better, but I would still like to see a static display of time along the axis, but not sure how complex the programming may get with it.

Steve, good point...we actually had the dates on their originally, but took them off because a lot of customers said they took up too much room - they wanted more room for the chart.  And since the dates show up on mouse-over, we decided to do it.

We will be integrating a new charts and graphs application with Version 3.0.  We've hit some delays, but we think it should be ready in a few months now.  We wanted to really make sure the back-end was ironed tight to increase speed and functionality.