nice surprise on my first collection!

tkaman2

Hey I just wanted to see if anyone has had this happen. I went to my first location that had been placed for a week as of last Friday (Sept 5) and collected my quarters. I was counting them tonight and one quarter made a strange sound compared to the others. I thought it was canadian, but when I looked at it I saw the year was 1944. It is a silver Washington Quarter! 90% silver. The value as of Oct 1997 was about $2.42. What a surprise.

How often does this happen? I'm gonna look closely now before I deposit money :-)

I get a few silver coins, but the percentage is not worth the effort going through 10000 coins at a time. If I was getting 20%, heck I'd settle for 5%, then I might be looking harder, but it is less than 1%.

I just do a quick visual scan and get anything I spot, the rest goes to the bank.

ya I suppose when I get to the point where I have to go through 10,000 coins at a time I probably won't be so excited to find one or two silver quarters, I will be excited that I have 10,000 coins to go through! can't wait to have that problem ;-)